BMW iX Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My iX as one of the iXs affected by the high voltage battery recall. That has been resolved, but now I am having an issue with the iX losing connectivity to the server that provided live traffic updates for the navigation screen and My BMW app updates. The app stops showing all information from the iX , e.g. Updates, Last Trip, updates to All Trips, Does not show current charge percentage, Does not provide information when iX is plugged in for charging, App can't send commands to car, e.g. Lock or unlock, etc. This has happened twice in a week. Dealership says the car shows no faults when It was there.

Anyone having this issue or has had this issue resolved?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Try to reboot by long pressing volume knob, I had the same issue in Europe when driving from country to country. As for now I'm headed to dealer cause again its stopped working and reboot couldn't help...cant find how to fix it by myself

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Reboot didn't help here either. Let me know what your dealer says/does to correct issue and get you reconnected. I have a call in to mine and I am waiting for a response.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Try to reboot by long pressing volume knob, I had the same issue in Europe when driving from country to country. As for know I'm headed to dealer cause again its stopped working and reboot couldn't help...cant find hot to fix it by myself
I just learned about the reboot process and when applied - most of my electrical gremlins went away! So simple it should be in the manual.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks. Reboot didn't help here either. Let me know what your dealer says/does to correct issue and get you reconnected. I have a call in to mine and I am waiting for a response.
Did you try long pressing when screen will on again but you should still hold the volume button only after it’s off again then release , it will make deeper reboot , on friends ix it helped

2023 iX xDrive50
135 Posts
Did you try long pressing when screen will on again but you should still hold the volume button only after it’s off again then release , it will make deeper reboot , on friends ix it helped
There is another reboot/reset that resets more functions. Here is tiger the procedure:

How to do a HARD RESET:

Without depressing brake pedal,
Press START/STOP button rapidly 3 times
-> message in instrument cluster: Diagnose mode active.

Press and Hold volume roll in center console down until system restarts.
Done.

Difference between "normal" reset via volume button and reset in "diagnose mode" is that more modules get re-set, including the instrument cluster.

NOTE: If this Hard Reset doesn't resolve the issue, you might need to redo the Hard Reset multiple times.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is another reboot/reset that resets more functions. Here is tiger the procedure:

How to do a HARD RESET:

Without depressing brake pedal,
Press START/STOP button rapidly 3 times
-> message in instrument cluster: Diagnose mode active.

Press and Hold volume roll in center console down until system restarts.
Done.

Difference between "normal" reset via volume button and reset in "diagnose mode" is that more modules get re-set, including the instrument cluster.

NOTE: If this Hard Reset doesn't resolve the issue, you might need to redo the Hard Reset multiple times.
Got in Diagnostic Mode and pressed the volume roll. Car shuts down but does not restart - held down for a minute. How long do you have to hold this button down?

2023 iX xDrive50
135 Posts
Did you get it corrected?
Is there any changes or is it exactly the same?

It seems that you might have to go thru the Hard Reset multiple times.
If that didn't correct the issue, I would make an appt with BMW Service and let them range work the issue thru.

Is there anyone else out there that had any other suggestions for BillyG?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did you get it corrected?
Is there any changes or is it exactly the same?

It seems that you might have to go thru the Hard Reset multiple times.
If that didn't correct the issue, I would make an appt with BMW Service and let them range work the issue thru.

Is there anyone else out there that had any other suggestions for BillyG?
Not corrected after several resets. Thought it might have some connection with Connected Drive. Dealership visit scheduled.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not corrected after several resets. Thought it might have some connection with Connected Drive. Dealership visit scheduled.
I have resolved the issue, no resets were helpful. I've been at dealer and watched there were some errors in telemetric module after last upgrade , so just hard reboot and clear errors would help but only Bmw can perform it.
Good luck

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Contacted BMW Assist and they walked me through a few things. When nothing worked they opened a "ticket". That was Monday. Wednesday night everything started working perfectly. Don't know for sure, but hope they did something to correct it!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts