BMW iX Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, a first time EV car owner here and decided to go with the iX40 as that was the only model available here in my country.

Right after I collected the car, I couldn't stand the look of the stock wheels although it came with the 22' option.

So after I dropped the car off my go to guy for windows tint, ceramic coating and PPF, I called my tire guy and after a short discussion I decided to go with the HRE FF10 wheels in liquid metal and 285/40/22 Michelin Pilot Sport SUV tires.

Never been happier! It is the perfect daily drive for urban commuting. As a matter of fact, I liked the car so much I placed an order for another M60 because the iX40 speed limit was set at 200 km/h so this iX40 will go to my wife then the M60 arrives.

Wheel Automotive tire Hubcap Alloy wheel Bicycle part

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive side marker light

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What is the load rating of the HRE wheels? I'm surprised that the HRE FF wheels are strong enough (read: correctly load rated) for the ~5700 LBS of the iX. Maybe the 40 is lighter though?
The HRE FF10 when released by HRE they officially list down the BMW X5 G05 as one of the supported vehicle. The heaviest G05 X5 variant is the xDrive 45e at 2530 kg / 5578 lbs.

My current iX40 is 2440 kg / 5379 lbs, hence I decided to go with it.

The weight for the iX50 is 2585 Kg / 5699 lbs with the bigger battery, but I presume the wheels should fit as well as it is only 50 kg heavier than the xDrive 45e.

I tried looking up for the actual load rating for HRE FF10 wheels at their website and I found none, I called my tire guy up and he told me the max load rating for the FF10 wheels is 7400 lbs from the spec sheet that was thrown away after the wheels was fitted.

I asked him to double confirm that figure if possible and he said he will revert the soonest he can confirm via the distributor here in my country.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great looking wheels! What is the spec on the rims?
I went with liquid metal.

I tried looking up for the actual load rating for HRE FF10 wheels at their website and I found none, I called my tire guy up and he told me the max load rating for the FF10 wheels is 7400 lbs from the spec sheet that was thrown away after the wheels was fitted.

I asked him to double confirm that figure if possible and he said he will revert the soonest he can confirm via the distributor here in my country.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wrote to HRE inquiring about the load ratings and they responded 900 kg.

I presume what he meant by that is 900 kg per wheel right?

If that is correct, then I guess the figures shared by my tire guy was a little bit low at 7400 lbs but still that is good.
Font Parallel Screenshot Circle Number

1 - 5 of 5 Posts