BMW iX Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m a new member although I’ve been following this site for a few months. I find the site a great source of information. I ordered an IX last month and was told it would take approx one year to arrive. Prior to ordering the IX, I was waiting to receive an Audi e-tron. However, I cancelled it upon hearing about the IX, which blew me away, as it seems to be streets ahead of the game. I was also concerned about the e-tron’s reliability. Anyway, today I happened to be looking on-line at BMW dealerships new inventory and low and behold I came across a mineral white IX50 with the same spec and price as the one I ordered. After a couple of phone calls, I found out the customer cancelled his order, so I put down my $1k deposit and it arrives on 6 April..I’m ecstatic and feel very very fortunate! What I’m trying to say is if you feel you cannot wait for your IX, there are IX50’s available….

·
Registered
9 Posts
Congrats @MWizz , same here, we were able to jump on an iX that the prior owner had cancelled. How are you enjoying it so far? what do you typically use it for?
That's interesting. I guess there are a lot of cancellations.
My dealer called me a month ago and told me they had 4 that were now in production, but the original orders were canceled.
I jumped on one and my wait went from 7 months to less than 2.
I'd be curious to find out why people are canceling, and what they're getting instead.
Maybe it's the insurance cost.
My 2016 Corvette Z51 3LT is $900/year for full coverage.
My iX will be about $5000/year.
Have any of you found similar issues with high-cost insurance?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts