BMW iX Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm a new member here and prospective buyer of the IX50.
I have heard great things about the IX50's towing capacity - trouble is I've never seen a picture of an IX50 actually towing anything.
Has this actually been achieved in real life? I'm in the USA so American answers are preferred, secondarily, if it is possible to DIY a tow hitch, I would love to know how as well. Thank you.

·
Registered
153 Posts
You might want to look at this my experience of US roads are they dont have many hills so you should be able to get the ranges indicated iX Towing
Owner picture below (from another group) said was getting 44kWh/100km with his iX50 1.4 miles/kWh (on winter tyres) my current average is 2.2-2.4 for my iX50 (~270-280 range) local motoring. In the US I think you drive quite a bit slower so I would expect miles/kWh in the region of 2.7+, I managed 2.7 when on a journey with speeds less that 75 mph. You will be frustrated this vehilcle loves speed

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

·
Registered
3 Posts
I, too, am a prospective buyer, and located in the US but can't find a two inch receiver hitch that is made for the vehicle. I need to be able to use the hitch for bikes or a very, very light kayak trailer. The absence of a receiver hitch is causing me to hold back on an order. Any advice you can offer would be appreciated!! Thanks.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I, too, am a prospective buyer, and located in the US but can't find a two inch receiver hitch that is made for the vehicle. I need to be able to use the hitch for bikes or a very, very light kayak trailer. The absence of a receiver hitch is causing me to hold back on an order. Any advice you can offer would be appreciated!! Thanks.
Thats odd I added it as an option to mine, do you think BMW have not offered it for fear of owners overloading the car a 2.5 ton trailer over here (UK) is large in the US from what I've seen that would be small.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts