BMW iX Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
BMW iX 40 M Sport
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Arriving Tuesday and after looking at so many EV's, there was only one good enough, the iX.

Having traded in my almost 2 years old BMW X4 M40d I'd got used to sitting up high with a superior view of the road. I also feel far safer on my six-weekly 500 mile round-trip from Devon in the South West, to London. Fortunatly the latter has a two week break in between, so 250 miles each way.

Of course the iX M50 would have been a better proposition but at £20k GBP extra, the numbers financially just don't add up. Besides, ask me in three months when the novelty of wasting time hanging around charge points gets a real pain. I might then just have to find the other £20k. :cool:

Car still sitting in the dealer showroom, Stephen James BMW in Bromley Kent, UK. Always dealt with Rob Smirke, who's been with BMW for many years and so far managed to get me into an i3, i8, M4 Competition, X4 M40i, Z4 M40i and now the iX. I won't mention all the other brands he's sold me prior to joining BMW. Very good at his job and loves a deal. Just as well when it comes to me buying cars.

The Lexus LC500 Hybrid arrived in November but that is my weekend toy.

Attachments

· Registered
BMW iX 40 M Sport
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats on your new car!! You'll enjoy it a lot!!
I hope so. Ignoring the range and the jibes I'll get about the front end, I shoudl love it. Always appreciate the way BMW do things. I've have many cars (over 130) and everything about BMW seems better made, better thought through and most importantly better to drive.

· Registered
BMW iX 40 M Sport
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BTW. Love your choices: storm bay and 22" black rims...perfect!! Mine is also storm bay and it came with 22" rims but not the black version(I prefer yours). My iX was a cancelled order and I could get it very quickly so, I really can't complain. Ah, and what is best....my steering wheel is in the right place!! :LOL::LOL:, just kidding.
Thank you Jorge. If you really want to know when I first saw the car on-line at my mates BMW dealership I thought it was Blue Ridge Mountain Metallic. It wasn't untill we did the deal (a lot of haggling), got all the paperwork signed up and done did I discover it wasn't blue at all, it was grey! Fortunately there is the same Storm Bay X4 M40i in the next street and everytime I go past it I liked it more and more. Nothing like doing a deal on a car and getting the colour wrong! And I agree since the car is of German origin, the wheel is on the wrong side. My Lexus LC500h is correct however, Japan as you know, drive on the "right side of the highway" too !!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts