BMW iX Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ix (50) will arrive very soon and I need to get a barrier (half cage?) to stop the dog getting out of the boot and some bumper protection. Anyone any leads on IX accessories yet? [I am in the UK]

The dealer says they can do a rubber mat in the boot but that's about it

Best wishes
James

·
Registered
92 Posts
My ix (50) will arrive very soon and I need to get a barrier (half cage?) to stop the dog getting out of the boot and some bumper protection. Anyone any leads on IX accessories yet? [I am in the UK]

The dealer says they can do a rubber mat in the boot but that's about it

Best wishes
James
I am getting some PPF on the rear bumper to protect it but are you thinking of a mat that folds out ?
try here Boot liner

For some reason UK cars don't seem to have the clip in barrier to stop dogs jumping over the back seat

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good find! Yes, I need some kind of divider/clip in barrier - and was thinking of something to stick on the bumper rather than fold down (I have that on my dog bed if I need it). My dog will likely jump in most of the time.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Good find! Yes, I need some kind of divider/clip in barrier - and was thinking of something to stick on the bumper rather than fold down (I have that on my dog bed if I need it). My dog will likely jump in most of the time.
I should have mine prepared end of next week hopefully so can show what it looks like, my colour is quite light - Blue Ridge Mountain

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found someone who does half-cages who want to support the IX, but need to do a scan of one and they are far from me... so order of the day is something temporary (my dog is unlikely to want to go through even a light barrier).
I hadn't known some editions come with a barrier...

·
Registered
20 Posts
When I bought my Range Rover Sport, it was one of the first out there and I got Lintran to make me up a box. They went down to the local dealership and measured up and made it for me (and presumably lots of others since). The iX has a smaller boot (grrrr) so I will probably get them to do the same - and it will be an odd shape at the top to accommodate those stupid hinges on the iX that take up loads of space. It would be worth a chat with them if you want a decent dog crate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts