BMW iX Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrow my iX 50 will have been with the dealer for a week trying to sort out a left-hand headlamp main beam failure and adaptive headlamp failure. Various data and tests back and forth between dealership and Germany. The headlamps are not stocked in the UK and Germany will not send one until all tests have been carried out... so no swap-out as part of fault finding. If it ends up a new headlamp is required then that will take up to a further 10 days to order, receive and fit. No parts like headlamps held in the UK. I suppose as we are now a third world country wrt to the EU there is no obligation to provide the UK with effective sparing and support. Thoughts all?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Tomorrow my iX 50 will have been with the dealer for a week trying to sort out a left-hand headlamp main beam failure and adaptive headlamp failure. Various data and tests back and forth between dealership and Germany. The headlamps are not stocked in the UK and Germany will not send one until all tests have been carried out... so no swap-out as part of fault finding. If it ends up a new headlamp is required then that will take up to a further 10 days to order, receive and fit. No parts like headlamps held in the UK. I suppose as we are now a third world country wrt to the EU there is no obligation to provide the UK with effective sparing and support. Thoughts all?
Here to see if there are any updates on this? What did the dealer diagnose and how did the entire exercise go?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts