BMW iX Forums banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Spot on, i'll have to grab one of those. As for charging it looks like i was pulling 11KW today, but likely due to the cable/charger. I'm going to take a look at the cable in our Zoe, which isnt out with an engineer today and see if that's 22KW and then i'll try that on my iX to see if that permits a higher charge rate.
I mentioned earlier I have 22 kw cable and wall charger IX can pull max 11 KW, I am happy to be wrong. Same time my view11 Kw more than enough for AC charging especially most of us use it for charging over night at home. people who drive over 200-300 km commute daily may want faster I assume there are not many people out driving that much.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I mentioned earlier I have 22 kw cable and wall charger IX can pull max 11 KW, I am happy to be wrong. Same time my view11 Kw more than enough for AC charging especially most of us use it for charging over night at home. people who drive over 200-300 km commute daily may want faster I assume there are not many people out driving that much.
Totally forgot that. I dont think there's anything to prove wrong, if you've tried it then 11kw it is :)

Sadly i've only for 7.2 at home as i'm only on Single Phase, i have to balance charging with the Poole Heater and cooking Dinner, so i dont pop the main fuse lol!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Fast home charging is good if making use of lower price electricity at night also but even so 7hrs at 11kw would get a decent amount at the lower price and as you say, for most it’s not a daily need. I agree with the logic that 11kw is enough…but I have 22kw chargers at home and feel illogically annoyed still given I thought it was capable of that!

Bigger disappointment is that I was expecting better efficiency…

·
Registered
8 Posts
I guess there is no right / wrong everybody need to decide what will matter their driving need and/or feelings. I went 22 kw charger home main reason was to get 22 kw cable and fuse pulled and i can add for another one for second car (we will most likely need for wife soon) and each car can pull 11kw from same 3 phase line and 2 Wallbox will have capability to load balance between 2. Otherwise most likely one also enough for us we can charge every other night :) but you need always more right?

41 - 45 of 45 Posts