BMW iX Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so we know factory paint isn't the best, and we want to get our babies some coats of wax on them as quickly and easily as possible. Well, I have found Mod Wash here in SC, I don't know if they're available every where but, it is so amazing, especially if you're not the type to get out and wash a vehicle. I've found the wash to be pretty thorough, and my Ascent looks better and better each time I go through. I also bought some leather 3-in-1, how often do you all apply leather/dash protection? I'm definitely ordering the sunshield next month

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have no idea what Mod Wash is but as for leather/dash protection it really depends on your usage and storage of the car. If the car is left outside, I'd suggest you apply a quality leather protector every 3 months. If it's a garaged car you can extend this to every 6 - 12 months.
As for cleaning leather the simplest thing to remember is factory finish is matt so if you start seeing a sheen to your leather that is grease and dirt and you should clean it. I can't tell you how triggered I get when i see cars with shiny steering wheels or people that claim black leather is easier to clean and you look at their seats and they look like there polished :D that means there filthy.

In short clean and protect the leather every 3 - 6 or 12 months depending on your usage and storage situation, in between deep cleans try using something like CarPro InnerQD that is a safe on most surfaces that will allow for a quick clean and will lay down a sacrificial UV protection layer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have no idea what Mod Wash is but as for leather/dash protection it really depends on your usage and storage of the car. If the car is left outside, I'd suggest you apply a quality leather protector every 3 months. If it's a garaged car you can extend this to every 6 - 12 months.
As for cleaning leather the simplest thing to remember is factory finish is matt so if you start seeing a sheen to your leather that is grease and dirt and you should clean it. I can't tell you how triggered I get when i see cars with shiny steering wheels or people that claim black leather is easier to clean and you look at their seats and they look like there polished :D that means there filthy.

In short clean and protect the leather every 3 - 6 or 12 months depending on your usage and storage situation, in between deep cleans try using something like CarPro InnerQD that is a safe on most surfaces that will allow for a quick clean from auto detailing centreville va and will lay down a sacrificial UV protection layer.
thank you so much for your suggestion

1 - 3 of 3 Posts