BMW iX Forums banner

MSRP PLUS OR MINUS

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  storm3163 
#1 ·
Just curious how much people are paying for the IX. I live near LA and I am getting mine from the BMW dealer in Camarillo. I am told that I have to play full MSRP. There are no discounts whatsoever. $7,500 in tax credits are still available when you file your federal tax return. Does anyone know about any other rebates or discounts out there ?

#2 ·
Full MSRP is the going rate. It’s possible as capacity changes discounts may become available but right now the dealers are ordering for cars to be delivered 6-9 months out on the ix50. The Ix 60 is more readily available and may be subject to some negotiation. I have heard some dealers putting on bullshit protection package or anti theft etchings for additional markup. My dealer did not do this. Watch out for lowball number if you have a trade.

#5 ·
You’re not kidding with them lowballing the trade. They wanted offer me $18k , then $20k. I was going to walk away from the deal but they finally offered $22k. My trading was worth $25k and I could have got more if I sold it privately but I didn’t want the hassle. I paid MSRP for the e vehicle

#3 · (Edited)
We're all lucky to find a dealer not trying to mark up from MSRP. When people are literally waiting half a year for their custom-ordered cars, there are plenty of people who will bid above MSRP for anything on a lot. I pre-ordered 7/1/2021, put in my order 11/15/21, and my car left port in Germany end of June, so mid-August? 9 months seems pretty on the mark.

A couple of months ago when I was complaining to my dealer about the auto-trunk release option delete (chip shortage), he said that if I cancel my pre-order, there's a huge waiting list of people happy to pay $5k-10k over MSRP to take my spot. With the shorter wait on the iX60, I'm sure this is less true now, but yeah I would just say finance the iX50 at MSRP and take the $7500 credit before the powers that be cap the MSRP limit on that Federal EV credit and we don't get it at all.

#4 ·
I lucked into a canceled order. The dealership that I worked with did not charge above MSRP. I did not even bother haggling. They gave me a decent offer on my trade-in although they are listing it for about $6000 more so probably could’ve gotten another one to $2000 more on the trade-in. I was just happy to get this car because I also am worried about the EV credit change. For comparison purposes, I was also trying to get either an Ioniq five or another Mach E, and multiple dealers are between $5,000 to 18% above the MSRP. The lowest I found for an available EV was $3,500 plus the dealer’s appearance package. For this iX, I did pay for an appearance protection package at $800 that I didn’t mind because it covers tears, and paint damage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.