BMW iX Forums banner

Multifunction front seats question

5K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Paladin1 
#1 ·
Hi,
Does anyone iX with the multifunction front seats without the lumbar deletion? And if you do, does the passenger side also has the massage function? I am trying to figure out if the full fledged multifunction front seats come with passenger side massage. The general sales manager from my dealership thinks it doesn't come with and said usually only the 7 series would have massage on both front seats?

#2 ·
I don't think a single customer car has been delivered with passanger lumbar or massage. I ordered mine in March 2021 and as soon as it was acknowledged I got a £300 reduction and this was deleted so I only get lumbar and massage on the drivers seat.

#3 ·
Hi,
Does anyone iX with the multifunction front seats without the lumbar deletion? And if you do, does the passenger side also has the massage function? I am trying to figure out if the full fledged multifunction front seats come with passenger side massage. The general sales manager from my dealership thinks it doesn't come with and said usually only the 7 series would have massage on both front seats?
Technically multifunction seats were supposed to come with passenger massage and lumbar as well but because of chip shortages, they have basically made it driver only for all cars.

#5 ·
Now that its 2023 and hopefully the part shortage for the lumbar has improved, i'd like to ask the same question. Does anyone with an iX with multi-function seats (no lumbar delete) have massage for the passenger side? Are both front seats controls functionally equivalent without the deletion?

#8 ·
We got ours a few months ago. The passenger seat has all the same functions and adjustments as the driver's side, including massage. Don't forget that both seats also have side bolster adjustment so you can get that "hugged" feel. You'll need to make the side bolster adjustments using the menu/screen as that cannot be adjusted using the buttons.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.