BMW iX Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was under the impression that the adaptive laser light package includes LEDs that turn when I turn the car. My sister's ID.4's headlights obviously float in the direction the wheel is turned, but not so with my iX. Is this not the case? Whenever I turn left or right, I do not see the lights turning and I don't notice any cornering lights. I have them set to Auto. I also do not notice the high beams ever coming on even though I also have that set to auto.

Any help would be appreciated!

· Registered
35 Posts
I notice the high beams come in when there are no oncoming headlights or brake lights ahead of me. They will light up the road as well as about 15 feet high into the air. As I come down a hill where it is dark, the houses ahead of me are fully lit up. If car comes, you can see the laser light dim from the left or right from where it detects the oncoming light.

I do not see the lights turn like I have on my Jaguar where it will turn with the steering wheel direction. I didn't think the IX has this capability.

· Registered
BMW's i4 M50, X3 G01, 640 F13
51 Posts
I have the turning headlights in the i4 with laser lights. I don’t see in the iX laser light description that function but the headlights seem superior (more 100m of range and more even spread).

· Registered
61 Posts
I think you’re right, there is nothing mentioned in the BMW technical description.
The Laser Lights don’t turn because they don’t need to … the beam spread is wide as is and then shades out if another vehicle is detected in front.
The separate supplementary turning lights come on at low speed when turning left or right.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts