BMW iX Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
US Member. The carrier ship the "Hawaiian Highway" arrived at the Port of Baltimore this morning at 6:26 am. Now it will be inspected at the Port of Baltimore and then transported to my dealership in Catonsville, MD. My husband and I pre-ordered our 2022 BMW iX's on 8/18/2021. His iX is in the "Awaiting Carrier Assignment" stage of production. However his iX will soon be leaving the Port of Bremerhaven for the US also. The "Hawaiian Highway" departed the Port of Bremerhaven on May 10, 2022 with the final destination the Port of Baltimore, USA.

Attachments

Registered
US Member. The carrier ship the "Hawaiian Highway" arrived at the Port of Baltimore this morning at 6:26 am. Now it will be inspected at the Port of Baltimore and then transported to my dealership in Catonsville, MD. My husband and I pre-ordered our 2022 BMW iX's on 8/18/2021. His iX is in the "Awaiting Carrier Assignment" stage of production. However his iX will soon be leaving the Port of Bremerhaven for the US also. The "Hawaiian Highway" departed the Port of Bremerhaven on May 10, 2022 with the final destination the Port of Baltimore, USA.
Congrats PJT10. Your iX鈥檚 are almost there.

I would love to really understand how BMW鈥檚 order system works. I ordered my iX50 June 4th and it left the port in Germany 1 day ago. It will be over a year before I take delivery. I also ordered an i4M50 July 20th and I don鈥檛 even have an allocation number yet. Nobody can tell me when I am likely to get this car. I just have to wait!!! Surely BMW Corporate could put out some sort of communication to it鈥檚 customers who have ordered cars to give them an estimate. Maybe BMW doesn鈥檛 care about customers (the people they earn their revenue from) anymore, especially loyal ones. I have owned 9 BMW鈥檚 since 2008.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congrats! Mine left the port on May 19, and expected to arrive at DavisVille by May 31st.
[/QUOTE
Mine is at the has left the factory stage, perhaps it will be on the same boat as your husbands iX. Mine is headed to the west coast though.
My husband's iX50 has now advanced to the "Dispatched from Factory" stage also. Hopefully, you and he both will advance to "At the Port" soon. Mine was at the Port of Bremerhaven for 5-7 days. When you advance to "In Transit" you can call BMW Genius to find out what ship your vehicle is on and then track its journey across the ocean.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congrats PJT10. Your iX鈥檚 are almost there.

I would love to really understand how BMW鈥檚 order system works. I ordered my iX50 June 4th and it left the port in Germany 1 day ago. It will be over a year before I take delivery. I also ordered an i4M50 July 20th and I don鈥檛 even have an allocation number yet. Nobody can tell me when I am likely to get this car. I just have to wait!!! Surely BMW Corporate could put out some sort of communication to it鈥檚 customers who have ordered cars to give them an estimate. Maybe BMW doesn鈥檛 care about customers (the people they earn their revenue from) anymore, especially loyal ones. I have owned 9 BMW鈥檚 since 2008.
I certainly understand your frustration with the production process. I switched from Lexus to BMW in 2019. I ordered my 2012 X5 in Oct, 2011 and took delivery in Nov. 2011. I ordered my 2020 X5 in July 2019 and took delivery in Aug. 2019. Both vehicles were assembled in Spartanburg, SC. I pre-ordered my iX50 on 8/18/2021 and will not take delivery until sometime in June 2022, when I am almost into the 2023 model year for BMW. I had two test drives in the iX50 and LOVE the vehicle. I just wish that there had been a better method of delivering this fantastic new vehicle. BMW Genius has been a great resource for me during this process. 1-(844) 443-6487.

Registered
My husband's iX50 has now advanced to the "Dispatched from Factory" stage also. Hopefully, you and he both will advance to "At the Port" soon. Mine was at the Port of Bremerhaven for 5-7 days. When you advance to "In Transit" you can call BMW Genius to find out what ship your vehicle is on and then track its journey across the ocean.
This morning it shows at the Port. So excited. They should load it onto a fast moving hovercraft. ;)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This morning it shows at the Port. So excited. They should load it onto a fast moving hovercraft. ;)
I forgot to mention that during one of my conversations with BMW Genius, that I was told that the carriers do not leave the Port of Bremerhaven until they are at full capacity. So please keep that in mind. If I remember correctly, my iX50 stayed in "At the Port" status for 5-7 days before it progressed to "In Transit." I remember that I was just happy to see some progress.馃槆

Registered
I forgot to mention that during one of my conversations with BMW Genius, that I was told that the carriers do not leave the Port of Bremerhaven until they are at full capacity. So please keep that in mind. If I remember correctly, my iX50 stayed in "At the Port" status for 5-7 days before it progressed to "In Transit." I remember that I was just happy to see some progress.馃槆
Mine stayed at the port for almost 3 weeks but it鈥檚 in transit now.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
mine is not in transit- on grand cosmo due in CA on June 16
That's a long trip. My ship, the "Hawaiian Highway" docked at the Port of Baltimore which is only 20 miles from our home and 10 miles from our dealership. Other customers say that the inspection at the Port of Baltimore can last 2 weeks.

Registered
Congratulations! Did you get a chance to drive a demo? I wish all of us future iX owners had the opportunity, but I think it made the wait even longer for me.馃槆
I did and I really liked it. Both the dealer and I were worried by the online comments since the looks were polarizing but in person it's great.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I test drove twice. I don't love the exterior looks but definitely looks better in person, but love the interior and the drive. Since I'm always driving I don't have to look at the exterior anyway!
We went to an EV expo last fall and one of the dealerships had one at the entrance of the venue. I almost jumped out of the car. It was simply beautiful in person. What I love the most is the interior. I ordered oyster colored interior. My husband's iX50 has now arrived at the Port of Bremerhaven today. So, when he advances to "InTransit" I can call BMW Genius to find out the name of his cargo ship, so that we can track his journey across the ocean as well.
We are both really excited.

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Vehicle

Registered
We went to an EV expo last fall and one of the dealerships had one at the entrance of the venue. I almost jumped out of the car. It was simply beautiful in person. What I love the most is the interior. I ordered oyster colored interior. My husband's iX50 has now arrived at the Port of Bremerhaven today. So, when he advances to "InTransit" I can call BMW Genius to find out the name of his cargo ship, so that we can track his journey across the ocean as well.
We are both really excited.

View attachment 1742
I ordered the sophisto grey with chestnut interior. Mine stayed at port for about 1 1/2 weeks and when it changes to in transit was actually 3 days after the ship left port, though it was a weekend.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I ordered the sophisto grey with chestnut interior. Mine stayed at port for about 1 1/2 weeks and when it changes to in transit was actually 3 days after the ship left port, though it was a weekend.
I almost ordered the chestnut, but decided on the oyster, like I had in my 2020 X5 with M package. The chestnut is a brownish red which will look great with gray. BMW Genius told me that I have to wait until his vehicle is at the "In Transit" stage before they can give me the name of the carrier. Funny how both of our vehicles are at the "Ports". Mine the Port of Baltimore and his the Port of Bremerhaven. We are so excited. 馃槆

Registered
Mine also arrived at port today and I'm wondering if we'll catch the same boat. I originally ordered the gray with black interior but ended up switching to red with the chestnut interior.
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle

1 - 20 of 47 Posts