BMW iX Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else had this? I've been using the pre-condition for departure time feature on the app without issue. Edit the Charge and climate timer and set the time for departure, send press the 'update in my bmw button'. Was working fine for several days after my IX arrived but now I get the 'updating...' message and then an error message after about 5 minutes saying 'something went wrong'. Retry's also fail. I wondering if I've changed a setting in the car that has impacted this? Anybody else experiencing it?

Can set it ok from the car and then, interestingly, it updates that time back to the app no problem.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Anybody else had this? I've been using the pre-condition for departure time feature on the app without issue. Edit the Charge and climate timer and set the time for departure, send press the 'update in my bmw button'. Was working fine for several days after my IX arrived but now I get the 'updating...' message and then an error message after about 5 minutes saying 'something went wrong'. Retry's also fail. I wondering if I've changed a setting in the car that has impacted this? Anybody else experiencing it?

Can set it ok from the car and then, interestingly, it updates that time back to the app no problem.
Hi Nathan
I have had similar issues with the app, like locking or unocking doors just hanging for a couple of minutes then failing. Based on this and some other issues, I think the integration of APP and car software is seriously lacking. It will hopefully be something they can refine and update in time...
I have also been out to the car to lock/unlock it and the app recognizes this though too, so it is a communications from the app to car issue.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi, is it only the precon and locking functions that isnt working, or does it also affect the charging status and location of the vehicle?
Stuff from car to app all working ok like location and charge status, not had any problems with that. Unlocking doors from app doesn't work either now (I had done it once so it was working a few days back) so Mav's comments above look correct its the app to car integration behaving a bit flaky but car back to app seems ok. However, I can send a map location from app to car... so hmmmm.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Nathan
I have had similar issues with the app, like locking or unocking doors just hanging for a couple of minutes then failing. Based on this and some other issues, I think the integration of APP and car software is seriously lacking. It will hopefully be something they can refine and update in time...
I have also been out to the car to lock/unlock it and the app recognizes this though too, so it is a communications from the app to car issue.
Right, the only thing from app to car that seems to be working ok for me is map location send to car works fine. Unlocking, precon etc. all not working and get the something went wrong message.

·
Registered
BMW iX xDrive40
44 Posts
Ok, then it seem like the communication between car and BMW backend seem to be up.
Others a reset of the I-drive could have helped.
How to reset:
Without depressing break pedal, press start/stop button rapidly 3 times -> message in instrument cluster: Diagnose mode active.
Press and hold volume roll in center console down until system restarts.
Done.

Difference between "normal" reset via volume button and reset in "diagnose mode" is that more modules get re-seted, including the instrument cluster.
Maybe worth a try?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, then it seem like the communication between car and BMW backend seem to be up.
Others a reset of the I-drive could have helped.
How to reset:
Without depressing break pedal, press start/stop button rapidly 3 times -> message in instrument cluster: Diagnose mode active.
Press and hold volume roll in center console down until system restarts.
Done.

Difference between "normal" reset via volume button and reset in "diagnose mode" is that more modules get re-seted, including the instrument cluster.
Maybe worth a try?
Tried that thanks RIckardg and useful to know but didn't help me this time, still getting the something went wrong messages from app to car.

·
Registered
BMW iX xDrive40
44 Posts
Tried that thanks RIckardg and useful to know but didn't help me this time, still getting the something went wrong messages from app to car.
The app is communicating to the car via BMW servers, so there is 3 suspects, the car, BMW servers and the app.
Unlikely for the app to fail but a reinstallation might be something, just to make sure...

·
Registered
19 Posts
The app is communicating to the car via BMW servers, so there is 3 suspects, the car, BMW servers and the app.
Unlikely for the app to fail but a reinstallation might be something, just to make sure...
Hi Rickardg

The number of people experiencing similar issues makes it unlikely to be the App itself. I think the communication via the BMW servers is the most likely culprit here, unless large numbers of the actual cars are flawed? If only BMW themselves monitored forums like this to allow them to better understand and improve the user experience with their products...

·
Registered
2 Posts
My car has just gone back to retailer to sort this . I was told to remove car from the app and reload. Problem is car is now not receiving the code to verify . So it’s now back at dealer trying to be linked again. Car has no Wi-Fi connection at all. Had the car 2 weeks .

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My car has just gone back to retailer to sort this . I was told to remove car from the app and reload. Problem is car is now not receiving the code to verify . So it’s now back at dealer trying to be linked again. Car has no Wi-Fi connection at all. Had the car 2 weeks .
That's a pain. I called the concierge service from iDrive yesterday and I would describe the call handler as brusk - not their job to handle questions about this and they put me through to Roadside Services. They were more polite and they told me they don't handle that either so they asked me to redial the BMW connected drive team (UK 0800 561 0555). So I've raised a ticket with them and they wanted to know phone model, IOS version and My BMW version to fault find, so that's with them now. The call handler there mentioned that they are likely to ask me to reinstall the app so I pointed out that means I'd have to reregister the car etc. so I'm hanging fire to hear back from them before I take that step. With your experience Simon, I'll probably pause before I do that as I don't want to lose charging status etc. which is working fine right now. Will update when I hear back from [email protected].

·
Registered
19 Posts
That's a pain. I called the concierge service from iDrive yesterday and I would describe the call handler as brusk - not their job to handle questions about this and they put me through to Roadside Services. They were more polite and they told me they don't handle that either so they asked me to redial the BMW connected drive team (UK 0800 561 0555). So I've raised a ticket with them and they wanted to know phone model, IOS version and My BMW version to fault find, so that's with them now. The call handler there mentioned that they are likely to ask me to reinstall the app so I pointed out that means I'd have to reregister the car etc. so I'm hanging fire to hear back from them before I take that step. With your experience Simon, I'll probably pause before I do that as I don't want to lose charging status etc. which is working fine right now. Will update when I hear back from [email protected].
I too will be watching this thread with interest and I share the same reservations about removing the car from the app only to find it cannot be connected again. I think there has to be a limit to the amount of interference the end user should be required to make on a new vehicle under warranty! Historically, most warranties were voided if any work was done by an unqualified person.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts