BMW iX Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Some cool iconic sounds with Expressive, Relaxing and Sport, Sport much better than pre update

Efficient is for economy, Sport you can adjsut settings for suspension etc.

A seach on Youtube is likely to show the garphics and sound

·
Registered
265 Posts
"Expressive" and "Relax" modes have different (sort of musical) sounds rather than the "electric" iconic sounds, and also adjust climate control and the sunroof. Haven't fiddled with them enough to catalog the features. None of them are actually adjustable for driving features other than Sport Mode.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I haven't received these additional modes yet. I read before that someone got these after taking their vehicle in for servicing to update the airbag controller. Has anyone received this via OTA update?

·
Registered
36 Posts
i don't think you can get OTA. Requires taking car in. I had mine installed at dealer. Haven't been able to find anything that really explains the driving characteristics of the new modes.

·
Registered
BMW IX 50
104 Posts
I haven't received these additional modes yet. I read before that someone got these after taking their vehicle in for servicing to update the airbag controller. Has anyone received this via OTA update?
This update can't be done OTA. You must take to dealer, which i did. When you have the safety recall issue fixed, they will update to this version. The best thing about this update, which many may not have noticed is that finally you have the option to "precondition now" as soon as you turn off the car. This is great for when you want to make a quick trip to the store and leave the AC running. Now a simple press on the display does it . Before I had to constantly open the app and hit "precondition now" to keep AC going

1 - 7 of 7 Posts