BMW iX Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
BMW IX 50
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my IX 50 back after updating to 11/2022.30. I was really looking forward to upgrading to Parking assist Professional

To my surprise after the update the connected drive store in the car is still showing "no additional services avail".. I believe I have all the perquisites for the upgrade. The car came with Driver Assist Pro, Parking Assist Plus, Comfort access, Air suspension, Active steering etc. In fact the only options not included are, B&W, soft close doors and Massage Seats.

Im I missing something here? My BMW app had even notified me to "check the Connected drive store to see what other services I am eligible for". I did notice one thing, normally the icon on the top right (that represents the active driver profile), usually refreshes every few seconds. I noticed that this is not happening. I was one of the first in US to receive the IX in early April. Not sure if this has anything to do with early hardware - as I thought I read something about IXs produced early on had used either a different camera or different head unit?

Any advice from the group would surely be appreciated

for
Computer Output device Gadget Communication Device Vehicle

· Registered
23 Posts
My first IX was delivered around August comes with the parking assist plus 5DN .

my second IX was delivered around Nov comes with the parking pro 5DW( has the maneuvering feature)

I requested a SW update thru dealer, thought my 5DN will have maneuvering feature after the update. It didn’t work that way. 5DN didn’t convert to 5DW after the update

· Registered
30 Posts
My first IX was delivered around August comes with the parking assist plus 5DN .

my second IX was delivered around Nov comes with the parking pro 5DW( has the maneuvering feature)

I requested a SW update thru dealer, thought my 5DN will have maneuvering feature after the update. It didn’t work that way. 5DN didn’t convert to 5DW after the update
Does your IX have the 11/2022/xx update as well? Go back to your dealer and get them to fix it.!
Mine is going to the dealer tomorrow for them to get Parking Pro. working following my failed update from Plus. I'll report on the outcome.

See also related posts in "New Member Introductions" - "remotely moving the car"

· Registered
BMW IX 50
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I’ve heard some rumors that it could take up to five days to update. My problem was that I was one of the first deliveries in the US. Apparently there was a different camera head unit that was used up until March and there may have been some compatibility issues with the upgrade. It’s been four days since I upgraded and it’s still not available.

· Registered
23 Posts
Does your IX have the 11/2022/xx update as well? Go back to your dealer and get them to fix it.!
Mine is going to the dealer tomorrow for them to get Parking Pro. working following my failed update from Plus. I'll report on the outcome.

See also related posts in "New Member Introductions" - "remotely moving the car"
Thank you for your advice.

Thank you for your advice. I’ll call my dealer today n try to get a solution.
And yes my SW is 11/2022/25

· Registered
23 Posts
I’ve heard some rumors that it could take up to five days to update. My problem was that I was one of the first deliveries in the US. Apparently there was a different camera head unit that was used up until March and there may have been some compatibility issues with the upgrade. It’s been four days since I upgraded and it’s still not available.
I saw the post regarding plus upgrade to pro thru connected drive as well .

However , we are in canada …

Don’t think we are gonna have that feature anytime soon like UK and USA😮‍💨 🤷

· Registered
BMW IX 50
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

How long has it been you updated ? Its been 4 days now for me and still now showing...Folks in the connected drive store told me it could take like 5 days. I really don't have my hopes up

· Registered
BMW IX 50
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Today is the second day after the update.
did you get the notification (the little bell on the top left) that says something like "Explore connected drive updates". I did, but every time i click on it, it takes me to the connected drive store and I am constantly getting error message that it cant log in. Just wondering if this is happening to you as well. I had posted in another forum and there is a possibility (at least for me), that the "head unit" of the parking assist might be the cause. Apparently, any of the units (cars) that were produced up until 3/2022 had an older head unit that may not allow the upgrade. Mine was built and completed in Feb 2022. I have a support ticket into BMW as I have the necessary hardware for the upgrade (which is Parking assist Plus and comfort access)

· Registered
23 Posts
did you get the notification (the little bell on the top left) that says something like "Explore connected drive updates". I did, but every time i click on it, it takes me to the connected drive store and I am constantly getting error message that it cant log in. Just wondering if this is happening to you as well. I had posted in another forum and there is a possibility (at least for me), that the "head unit" of the parking assist might be the cause. Apparently, any of the units (cars) that were produced up until 3/2022 had an older head unit that may not allow the upgrade. Mine was built and completed in Feb 2022. I have a support ticket into BMW as I have the necessary hardware for the upgrade (which is Parking assist Plus and comfort access)
Funny thing for my IX is I had the App Store when i first picked up the vehicle. And it was disappeared after two weeks of driving.
After that , I had no notifications related to connected drive anymore

· Registered
30 Posts
My IX is back from the dealer and the Parking Pro IS WORKING.at last!

Mine is a March build so there should be no problems for other owners of non post-march cars upgrading to Pro (provided they already have comfort access and Parking Plus). For all of you who are unable to get the upgrade activated my advice is to get the dealer to do it. It should be covered under the warranty (al least it is in the UK), or ask the ConnectedDrive help line for the booking code for connected drive issues and the dealer should charge BMW for the work.

· Registered
BMW IX 50
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Mine is a March build so there should be no problems for other owners of non post-march cars upgrading to Pro (provided they already have comfort access and Parking Plus). For all of you who are unable to get the upgrade activated my advice is to get the dealer to do it. It should be covered under the warranty (al least it is in the UK), or ask the ConnectedDrive help line for the booking code for connected drive issues and the dealer should charge BMW for the work.
Hi,
Mine was built in Feb. I still don't have it. I have the most recent software and comfort access and Parking assist plus. I put in a support ticket to BMW connected drive and I am waiting. In you experience, had you tried to upgrade and it said nothing in the connected drive store? I was originally told that it should appear within a few days after the software update, but its been a week now

· Registered
19 Posts
I had ID8 in my early June build iX50 upgraded to 11/2022.30 over two weeks ago to enable the subscription to PA Pro. I purchased the subscription, and PA Pro appears in Connected Drive but will not activate. I've tried rebooting (numerous times) Genius, Connected Drive support, and now I've been referred to Roadside Assistance (?).

I suppose it's time to head back to the dealer....

· Registered
30 Posts
Hi,
Mine was built in Feb. I still don't have it. I have the most recent software and comfort access and Parking assist plus. I put in a support ticket to BMW connected drive and I am waiting. In you experience, had you tried to upgrade and it said nothing in the connected drive store? I was originally told that it should appear within a few days after the software update, but its been a week now
Parking Pro appeared in the Connected Drive Store upgrades available for my car just after I had the 11/2022/25 software update. On 24th Nov.I paid for it (outright purchase) and received email stating it was activated in my vehicle. Checked in the car and it was "activating". 28th Nov. and still "activating" so contacted Connected drive UK by phone and was advised to remove the car from the My BMW App then add it back. Still no activation so contacted my dealer . They got it activated within an hour or two by removing my ID from the car and adding themselves ( if I remember correctly) and told me that with Connected Drive upgrades the activation process was very unreliable. I then logged back into My BMW App and added the car again.

· Registered
BMW IX 50
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Parking Pro appeared in the Connected Drive Store upgrades available for my car just after I had the 11/2022/25 software update. On 24th Nov.I paid for it (outright purchase) and received email stating it was activated in my vehicle. Checked in the car and it was "activating". 28th Nov. and still "activating" so contacted Connected drive UK by phone and was advised to remove the car from the My BMW App then add it back. Still no activation so contacted my dealer . They got it activated within an hour or two by removing my ID from the car and adding themselves ( if I remember correctly) and told me that with Connected Drive upgrades the activation process was very unreliable. I then logged back into My BMW App and added the car again.
Yeah, but I think my problem is it’s not even appearing in the connected drive store on my car. If it was, it would be a different story.

· Registered
23 Posts

Thanks for the update. You mind share your SW version number please ?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts