BMW iX Forums banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

· Registered
BMW IX 50
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thanks for the update. You mind share your SW version number please ?
Thanks for the update. You mind share your SW version number please ?
Just got an email from Connected Drive Customer service email (below). I have comfort access and parking assist plus,,,but my car was built in February - This sucks!

Vehicle is not equipped with the necessary technology to have parking Assist Professional available.

Should you have further questions or need additional information, you may reply directly to this e-mail. Our days of operation are Monday-Friday; 8:30 AM-5:30 PM EST.

Sincerely,

ConnectedDrive Services Customer Care

· Registered
3 Posts
Okay, my first post here, so forgive me if my knowledge is poor, however, I had the same issue, I got the option to download a three month free trial for professional (I had plus) which I did on 18th November. Sadly it was stuck in the activation stage until this morning, when for some reason the remote parking activated and I’ve been driving my IX up and down the driveway like some overgrown kid with a two button remote control. On the basis of this activation, I thought I would go back into Apps in connected drive and lo and behold, Pro is activated. I had contacted BMW app peeps on numerous occasions with Vins, pictures and in car pressing of resets etc., but nothing.

The real kicker though is that they will not extend the trial period nor honour the black Friday discount (205) off, which is a bit of a sod.

Not related but I had my first interaction with BMW assist on Tuesday having returned back from work to find my right rear tyre punctured (only on the bottom though) and call BA at 1751, I was still waiting in the car at 2100 when I called them gain, and they told me that the job kept getting declined and it was out of hours. Things have changed a lot since the first days of BMW Assist when you used to get a van and someone in grey overalls come to your aid! I got my IX M50 in November, so have three years of assistance, but first thing Wednesday I joined the AA!

· Registered
32 Posts
Parking Pro appeared in the Connected Drive Store upgrades available for my car just after I had the 11/2022/25 software update. On 24th Nov.I paid for it (outright purchase) and received email stating it was activated in my vehicle. Checked in the car and it was "activating". 28th Nov. and still "activating" so contacted Connected drive UK by phone and was advised to remove the car from the My BMW App then add it back. Still no activation so contacted my dealer . They got it activated within an hour or two by removing my ID from the car and adding themselves ( if I remember correctly) and told me that with Connected Drive upgrades the activation process was very unreliable. I then logged back into My BMW App and added the car again.
I have exactly the same behaviour, it's "Activating" for more than a week now. Signed up to a dealership, will show them your post if they are not convinced.

· Registered
30 Posts
This is the comprehensive advice I received on the activation problem -

hanks for contacting BMW ConnectedDrive about your Parking Assistance.

Our Technical Support Team said this is a known issue with the ConnectedDrive Upgrades not activating within the vehicle iDrive – This matter is being looked into as high priory by BMW and are currently developing a fix.
To try and resolve the issue, the car should firstly be in “Driving” mode, which means to please keep the engine is running (the vehicle does not need to be physically driven).

The car will need to remain in “Driving” mode for 15 minutes when trying to activate the Driving Assistance Professional again in an area with good connectivity (e.g. not parked in a garage or underground carpark).
If this doesn’t work, please try removing your BMW from your ConnectedDrive account, then add this back as this will force a new activation code for the Driving Assistance Professional to trigger a new activation – Please then repeat the above steps to activate the upgrade within the vehicle iDrive.

If this doesn’t resolve the issue, our Technical Support Team said this will need to be looked into further at your preferred BMW Centre as sadly there isn't anything more that can be done remotely to resolve this - The Service Team will need to raise a "TSARA Case", which is the dedicated case for ConnectedDrive related issues.

Please get in touch with your local retailer to arrange an appointment - Please click here to find your nearest BMW Centre.
Alternatively if you'd like for the service team to contact you directly to arrange an appointment, please confirm which is your preferred BMW Centre.
In the meantime, if there's anything else I can help you with please get back in touch.
Kind regards

· Registered
3 Posts
This is the comprehensive advice I received on the activation problem -

hanks for contacting BMW ConnectedDrive about your Parking Assistance.

Our Technical Support Team said this is a known issue with the ConnectedDrive Upgrades not activating within the vehicle iDrive – This matter is being looked into as high priory by BMW and are currently developing a fix.
To try and resolve the issue, the car should firstly be in “Driving” mode, which means to please keep the engine is running (the vehicle does not need to be physically driven).

The car will need to remain in “Driving” mode for 15 minutes when trying to activate the Driving Assistance Professional again in an area with good connectivity (e.g. not parked in a garage or underground carpark).
If this doesn’t work, please try removing your BMW from your ConnectedDrive account, then add this back as this will force a new activation code for the Driving Assistance Professional to trigger a new activation – Please then repeat the above steps to activate the upgrade within the vehicle iDrive.

If this doesn’t resolve the issue, our Technical Support Team said this will need to be looked into further at your preferred BMW Centre as sadly there isn't anything more that can be done remotely to resolve this - The Service Team will need to raise a "TSARA Case", which is the dedicated case for ConnectedDrive related issues.

Please get in touch with your local retailer to arrange an appointment - Please click here to find your nearest BMW Centre.
Alternatively if you'd like for the service team to contact you directly to arrange an appointment, please confirm which is your preferred BMW Centre.
In the meantime, if there's anything else I can help you with please get back in touch.
Kind regards
Keep the engine running 😂. Glad they are on top of their own products and have adapted their correspondence and terminology accordingly

· Registered
32 Posts
Since I've been driving around for a week now since the first activation attempt, I don't think it's going to resolve itself. Will try to remove the car from my Connected Drive account in the evening (have only iPhone with the digital key on me atm).

Question, anyone knows, if you remove the car from Connected Drive account, will it reset all the stats regarding consumption and past trips?

· Registered
3 Posts
Since I've been driving around for a week now since the first activation attempt, I don't think it's going to resolve itself. Will try to remove the car from my Connected Drive account in the evening (have only iPhone with the digital key on me atm).

Question, anyone knows, if you remove the car from Connected Drive account, will it reset all the stats regarding consumption and past trips?
No, I tried that and it made no difference. In fact it means you have to reset the whole process of your specific adjustments etc.

· Registered
32 Posts
I've tried to remove the car from by Connected Drive myself yesterday, and it didn't help. Today I visited BMW service for another issue, asked about the Parking Assistant Pro activation. They said they can't do anything about it (small local service partner), and I need to contact BMW directly. As I drove from the service I got the message that this thing finally activated. Tried remote control from iPhone, and it does work.

· Registered
19 Posts
Back in late November, in anticipation of trying PA Pro, I had my car updated to 11.2022.30. The dealer was able to justify installing the update as part of resolving one of the recalls that was open at the time.

Within a day or two of the upgrade, I purchased the "perpetual" PA Pro subscription thru Connected Drive. The PA Pro option appeared and my purchase processed without any problems. Parking Assist Pro appeared in connected drive in "activating" status. No option to record a path appeared in the parking app.

Fast forward a month, and after several calls to BMW (genius & connected drive support) PA Pro still appeared in "activating" status, with no change in functionality with the Parking app. I did not remove or make any changes to my user profile in the IX.

Earlier this month I finally took the car to the dealer to resolve this, and they did! Kudos to Cesar and Eddie at Santa Monica BMW....

The solution turned out to involve a "deep" reboot of the car which was described to me as disconnecting both the 12V battery and the high voltage system long enough (overnight??) to allow the various capacitors to fully dischage. The user account / profile had nothing to do with resolving the activation problem.

Upon powering up, Parking Assist Pro worked, and the vehicle parking app was updated and fully functional.

I hope this helps !

21 - 34 of 34 Posts