BMW iX Forums banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Makes sense, unfortunate that it is that way. Hopefully it changes in the future. Side question, I also live in Florida and was wondering about the performance of the AC in general. At work, the car would be in a parking garage, and also @ home, so I am thinking more about say a trip out where the car is getting full sun for a while. How good is the iX at cooling it down to the point where the heat is gone(and you would consider turning the AC down because you might be getting cold). My wife likes the AC on like 70, which can be an issue for any car sitting in the Florida sun for a few hours. I suppose the precondition could help, but you would have to remember to do it before heading to the car.
I live in east Texas and find the car cools down similar to any BMW I have had after being parked in the sun all day

·
Registered
47 Posts
I tinted my side windows 15% ceramic and moonroof 5% ceramic and it makes a really big difference. I live in South Florida
5% is super dark, but I think you have stated you would prefer not to have the moonroof so blocking it out totally is probably no real issue for you. 15% on all side windows, including driver(assume that answer to be yes)? I prefer the uniform look so I want to have the same all the way around, my present car is very dark, but it does not have an all glass roof which likely influences how dark the cabin will ever be without doing the 5% on the roof. Dealer is doing the tint, so they won't go illegal so to get uniform I might be stuck @ 28% to begin with.

·
Registered
BMW IX 50
164 Posts
5% is super dark, but I think you have stated you would prefer not to have the moonroof so blocking it out totally is probably no real issue for you. 15% on all side windows, including driver(assume that answer to be yes)? I prefer the uniform look so I want to have the same all the way around, my present car is very dark, but it does not have an all glass roof which likely influences how dark the cabin will ever be without doing the 5% on the roof. Dealer is doing the tint, so they won't go illegal so to get uniform I might be stuck @ 28% to begin with.
I would recommend not using the dealer. For one thing, they don't use ceramic tint,,,they use a cheaper tint. When I found this out from my dealer, they agreed to pay an outside tint company to do it for me considering the car cost $100K+. As for the side windows (driver and passenger), the 15% tint is very closely matching to the back windows...Im very happy with it

2023 iX xDrive50
135 Posts
Button “heat surfaces and seat” doesn’t work (I can’t to turn off, always on)))))
View attachment 2347
View attachment 2348
Is the “ HEAT SURFACES AND SEAT” on/off switch referring to the Radiant Heat being Heat Surfaces and Heated Seat?
In your second picture showing the climate menu, the 2nd from the left showing heat coming from the bottom on the seat, what actually happens when the on/off switch is turned on? And if it's turned off?. You said that switch didn't work. Honestly, I would definitely prefer what was there prior to that update. What do you think?

The A/C switch on the top of the climate menu was a great change. I love that!

2023 iX xDrive50
135 Posts
I feel they might have overreacted to the initial feedback that the climate menu is too busy. I get the intent and it kind of makes sense at face value, but I would have strongly preferred them separate.
I agree 100,000%! Bring it back to what was originally there, that gives us the best of control for these functions.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just had the latest update done on mine - panel heating control icons in main climate control menu gone and replaced with the crazy notion of turn heated seats on to also have the panel heating on at same time - not independently. It was separate from the outset and should remain so - that's what I paid for. I don't drive all day with a heated seat on but the whole idea and rave from BMW during launch, about the infra red panel heating, was it is more economical to use than the conventional heater used to heat the air as these panels heat the body directly and they sure did a great job. That's all gone when you need to now also run the heated seats too and so is the range!!!! Bring back the original functionality - that's what i purchased!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Is the “ HEAT SURFACES AND SEAT” on/off switch referring to the Radiant Heat being Heat Surfaces and Heated Seat?
In your second picture showing the climate menu, the 2nd from the left showing heat coming from the bottom on the seat, what actually happens when the on/off switch is turned on? And if it's turned off?. You said that switch didn't work. Honestly, I would definitely prefer what was there prior to that update. What do you think?

The A/C switch on the top of the climate menu was a great change. I love that!
You now need to have the heated seats on to have the infra red panels on too - they are no longer independently controlled. Switch it to off and only the heated seats come on. Not what I paid for and have had since Feb! A Crazy omission of an existing control button. Add features - don't remove em.

2023 iX xDrive50
135 Posts
You now need to have the heated seats on to have the infra red panels on too - they are no longer independently controlled. Switch it to off and only the heated seats come on. Not what I paid for and have had since Feb! A Crazy omission of an existing control button. Add features - don't remove em.
I feel that everyone needs to complain to BMW to revert it back to the way it use to be.
Maybe calling the Genius line could send complaints back to BMW. Does anyone know a better way to send suggestions or complaints to BMW? Do they have a Twitter handle or do they look at any of these forums?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I feel that everyone needs to complain to BMW to revert it back to the way it use to be.
Maybe calling the Genius line could send complaints back to BMW. Does anyone know a better way to send suggestions or complaints to BMW? Do they have a Twitter handle or do they look at any of these forums?
My written complaint went into the dealer Workshop Manager yesterday - he/she is responsible for the work carried out that caused the "issue" so they have a direct line to BMW technical.
This is what I sent him to pass on -
Just had the latest update done on mine - panel heating control icons in main climate control menu gone and replaced with the crazy notion of turn heated seats on to also have the panel heating on at same time - not independently. It was separate from the outset and should remain so - that's what I paid for. I don't drive all day with a heated seat on but the whole idea and rave from BMW during launch, about the infra red panel heating, was it is more economical to use than the conventional heater used to heat the air as these panels heat the body directly and they sure did a great job. That's all gone when you need to now also run the heated seats too and so is the range!!!! Bring back the original functionality - that's what i purchased!!

He's happily passing it on. There are so few of these vehicles globally, it will take the current owners to jump on this one. It is only a software change so not rocket science to get the icon back in its original home on the Climate Control Menu. Good luck!

2023 iX xDrive50
135 Posts
My written complaint went into the dealer Workshop Manager yesterday - he/she is responsible for the work carried out that caused the "issue" so they have a direct line to BMW technical.
This is what I sent him to pass on -

He's happily passing it on. There are so few of these vehicles globally, it will take the current owners to jump on this one. It is only a software change so not rocket science to get the icon back in its original home on the Climate Control Menu. Good luck!
I also was sold on the radiant heat(panels heating up) and expected to have it in my iX(that my iX is at the port of Bremerhaven currently). Do you know if there a dealer Workshop Manager at all BMW dealers? I hope they listen and put it back as 2 separate functions.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I also was sold on the radiant heat(panels heating up) and expected to have it in my iX(that my iX is at the port of Bremerhaven currently). Do you know if there a dealer Workshop Manager at all BMW dealers? I hope they listen and put it back as 2 separate functions.
Where there’s a workshop then there should be. I’ve already had feedback from BMW technical through the Workshop Manager - quick response! and the vehicle is going back in on Tuesday for a few hours of technical diagnostics and BMW asked for confirmation which software update was it that affected mine. I had one done at dealer in July and one this month. It is of course the recent November one that has removed the radiant heat panel icon from my climate control menu and everyone else’s for that matter.
I‘ll update on here once I know more after Tuesday.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts