BMW iX Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,
Is anyone planning on paint protection for their Ix? - diamond coating / wrap / other

im taking deliver of m60 this month and keen to protect the paint considering the rural Scottish roads 🤟

·
Registered
3 Posts
I live in California and I always rent BMW car ( so no more than 3 years) . I always refuse all these protections as I believe are not “protecting “ more than a “ wax” you can buy in every store…

·
Registered
129 Posts
Although paint protectors and polishes can't handle severe impacts, they could offer a thin shield to your car. Unless the purpose is merely decoration, you may want to check this article for better suggestions. Hope this helps. Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Taking delivery hopefully mid-July (at port now), planning on full PPF, like some sort of satin finish (gray, midnight purple, etc). I ordered white for production. Planning to drive the car a LOT (>30k miles/year) and keeping the car a while so yeah, worth it. Full PPF is $5-10k properly done so may not be worth it for the leasers.

I talked to my sales guy and basically since there are no lease specials on the iX, the residuals are in the 40% range which means leases at 36mo/10k are in the $1700-1800 range. Financing is the only way most dealerships will give you the $7500 federal tax credit (they were nicer pre-pandemic/chip shortage and would share it on leases), so I’m financing and PPF makes sense.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts