BMW iX Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
XPEL Ultimate Plus on the front - about $1,700, Fusion Plus CC - about $3,500, and Nano Ceramic tint, front windows (35%), sunroof (50%) and hatch (35%) - around $600.
Very cool thank you. They mention they have interior protection as well. Considering something of the sort

With Ceramic though, that is an annual application if I'm thinking correctly. The film I see has 10 year warranty

Big help, hope I can find someone in Sarasota to do it.
Thanks

·
Registered
265 Posts
Very cool thank you. They mention they have interior protection as well. Considering something of the sort

With Ceramic though, that is an annual application if I'm thinking correctly. The film I see has 10 year warranty

Big help, hope I can find someone in Sarasota to do it.
Thanks
On my previous X5 I had Ceramic Pro, and it did require an annual refresh. The Fusion Plus is rated for 4 years with one application (and they did the interior as well), so we shall see - so far, so good with multiple washes....

·
Registered
265 Posts
Are you using an automatic wash with big brushes or hand washing?
Contactless wash (spray only); our dealer has a "light touch" wash which is new and maintained by a pretty dedicated staff, but any physical brushes can potentially cause paint swirls even from dirt off your own car. The upside is they will take care of any detailing for damage caused by their wash, but lots of choices here. First wash was by hand just to clean off travel dust (not OCD enough to do that every time - hence CC - and I do have a foam kit), but the brushless wash does fine at getting off the surface film, and XPEL's Detail Spray puts it back to new. XPEL's CC seems to be pretty tough stuff.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Contactless wash (spray only); our dealer has a "light touch" wash which is new and maintained by a pretty dedicated staff, but any physical brushes can potentially cause paint swirls even from dirt off your own car. The upside is they will take care of any detailing for damage caused by their wash, but lots of choices here. First wash was by hand just to clean off travel dust (not OCD enough to do that every time - hence CC - and I do have a foam kit), but the brushless wash does fine at getting off the surface film, and XPEL's Detail Spray puts it back to new. XPEL's CC seems to be pretty tough stuff.

What kind of car cleaning place do you go to?

·
Registered
265 Posts
What kind of car cleaning place do you go to?
It's a drive-through spray wash (no kids with dirty sponges or towels); also wax-less with soft water, with a detail spray and buff afterwards (by me). Our dealership has the car chipped for their wash (free for ownership of the car), and it's a "pull-through" with soft, slowly rotating cloths - no brushes, so I'll eventually try that. Brand new so modern tech, but again, more chance of swirls with a contact wash. I'll give it a try and inspect - I asked my SA and they'll detail and cover any defects, so they're pretty confident it will handle their $200k M8s.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's a drive-through spray wash (no kids with dirty sponges or towels); also wax-less with soft water, with a detail spray and buff afterwards (by me). Our dealership has the car chipped for their wash (free for ownership of the car), and it's a "pull-through" with soft, slowly rotating cloths - no brushes, so I'll eventually try that. Brand new so modern tech, but again, more chance of swirls with a contact wash. I'll give it a try and inspect - I asked my SA and they'll detail and cover any defects, so they're pretty confident it will handle their $200k M8s.
Sounds like a nice wash. Wish there was one in SRQ

1 - 12 of 12 Posts