BMW iX Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Look at this..

"New Century Price" - BMW iX

WOW... this is what crappy dealers of lesser vehicles do like Chevy, Ford for their popular models etc. etc.

How prevalent is this? Is BMW aware? Should they be?
Ouch 20k over sticker is crazy, hope no one pays them extra for it. Most of us have been getting our iX's at MSRP so not sure why they think selling it for 20k over is smart...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Look at this..

WOW... this is what crappy dealers of lesser vehicles do like Chevy, Ford for their popular models etc. etc.

Not sure how prevalent, but thankfully the Houston-area dealers aren't doing such a markup. $15,000 markup for an iX50 and $20,000 markup for an iX60. I'd find another dealer!

·
Registered
2023 iX M60, dark graphite metallic, Chestnut interior, driving assist pro, 22” bicolor wheels
31 Posts
Look at this..

Check out Autonation.com for dealers under their management; they are required to stick with MSRP, although I did find Encinitas, CA dealer not abiding by it. I just bought mine last week from Valencia with no games in pricing. If you go to the independent dealers like Irvine, CA, they are the worst price gougers!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am reminded of another post that said BMW has the lowest dealer markups among car manufacturers. Must be rough out there if true.

I went to a dealer for a canceled reservation that marked the IX up $20k but was able to talk it down to a $3k markup. The dealer immediately offered $10k off the markup and I told them I was holding firm at MSRP. The salesman then got the sales manager to drop the markup down to $5k ($15k off the original $20k) and that was the lowest he could go. I was getting ready to walk out and the manager basically asked what level of markup I would accept because they just can't sell it without a markup. So I said $3k because I seriously thought that he wouldn't go below $5k and he accepted it. I kind of felt like the dog who caught the car at that point, but because I was the one that said $3k, I went forward with the sale. Now it's my favorite car that I've ever owned.

Moral of the story: dealer markups are negotiable.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I picked up my M60 last week. While there was a price increase of about $3-4K from the time I ordered the car there was no big markup. In fact, my dealer took my ‘20 X6-M50 lease car 6 months early with no penalty, but I’m sure he was able to turn it around pretty quickly and for a profit. They do differentiate between regular customers and folks coming off the street when they have cars sitting in the show room. I guess the old supply and demand principal is coming into play. I assume that there is minimal premium added to cars that get ordered but don’t know that for a fact.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Look at this..

We went to a Ford dealer looking at a Mach-e GT Performance Edition and they had a stock 18.5% "market adjustment" on literally every vehicle on the lot. When I told them that I would rather take my business elsewhere than buy anything with a market adjustment they told me "literally every dealer does this, even Tesla". Nope. Our iX60 on order at Fields BMW in Lakeland has no market adjustment at all.

·
Registered
48 Posts
BMW Alexandria (Virginia) is not marking up theirs either. Actually, bought my loaded iX 50 at $1,000 below MSRP (right at $100K) because Client Advisor input the wrong exterior color from my official online order on BMW USA website.

He and I were exchanging emails on various color schemes and options before I could submit an online order. He failed to notice my change of exterior color when he manually submitted the order to BMW corporate. (All online orders are ultimultly manually inputted by the selected dealership.) I didn't become aware of the error until I got the production number and saw the build data. Too late to change that order so he ordered a 2nd iX for me with the other color (exterior color was only error).

I was given choice to buy the 1st one when it came in or, if I didn't really like that color, the wait...many weeks...until 2nd one was delivered. The "wrong" color was actually my first choice when I emailed my preference earlier to the client advisor. So I wasn't terribly disappointed.

So, when it came in (8 months from online order), I asked if the sales manager would give me a discount for ordering the wrong color. He agreed to $1K off of MSRP.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Look at this..

I paid MSRP and would have backed-out of the deal if they'd tried to add a premium price. I'd also send this to BMW USA as it's an unethical practice at least and contrary to the "straight-shooter dealer experience" BMW tries to deliver.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts