BMW iX Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I had a query and was wondering if anyone could help clarify. I have an IX40 on order (it is the sport, not M Sport, selected options - Sky lounge, parking assistance plus, 1011 wheels, alpine white) , expected arrival is 4th Mar 22.
I live in the UK, when I was configuring and placing my order a couple of months ago, I didn’t notice any option to select “air suspension” as a selectable option. I understand the air suspension is standard on the IX50.
I have noticed that several motoring journalists have mentioned ”air suspension” as an option on the IX40 in their review, was anyone else who has ordered an IX40 ordered the air suspension as an option?

I have placed my order through a leasing company, although I did check options/configurations on the official BMW UK website, I do not recall seeing any option to select an air suspension for the IX40. I am hoping someone in the forum may be able to clarify. It may be that the suspension is not a selectable option for the IX40 in the UK market, but I have seen UK journalists mention this in their reviews. Does anyone know or was able to select in a 40?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi,
I had a query and was wondering if anyone could help clarify. I have an IX40 on order (it is the sport, not M Sport, selected options - Sky lounge, parking assistance plus, 1011 wheels, alpine white) , expected arrival is 4th Mar 22.
I live in the UK, when I was configuring and placing my order a couple of months ago, I didn’t notice any option to select “air suspension” as a selectable option. I understand the air suspension is standard on the IX50.
I have noticed that several motoring journalists have mentioned ”air suspension” as an option on the IX40 in their review, was anyone else who has ordered an IX40 ordered the air suspension as an option?

I have placed my order through a leasing company, although I did check options/configurations on the official BMW UK website, I do not recall seeing any option to select an air suspension for the IX40. I am hoping someone in the forum may be able to clarify. It may be that the suspension is not a selectable option for the IX40 in the UK market, but I have seen UK journalists mention this in their reviews. Does anyone know or was able to select in a 40?
I don't think it is option in any country yet. When BMW held press event to let all drive in Germany they mentioned it will be option but my understanding nobody knows when and if will be added.

·
Registered
iX 4.0
28 Posts
Hi,

And to be honest, I do not miss it at all, drives like a charm, like a BMW.

·
Registered
43 Posts
If it helps I test drove a 40 a couple of weeks on fairly patchy urban roads. It felt very like my 535d in terms of how it rode: so quite stiff, not loads of bump absorption. I have ordered a 50 and hope the air suspension will be a little more accomodating.

·
Registered
32 Posts
If it helps I test drove a 40 a couple of weeks on fairly patchy urban roads. It felt very like my 535d in terms of how it rode: so quite stiff, not loads of bump absorption. I have ordered a 50 and hope the air suspension will be a little more accomodating.
I have a 50 and can tell you the ride is sublime - the air suspension works wonders - not driven the 40 so can’t compare the ride - sorry

·
Registered
13 Posts
I really wanted 4 wheel steering and the air suspension. Which meant having to wait in excess of 12 months for the 50 or wait for it to become available for the 40 (if ever).

Also the dealer was willing to give up their build slot for a 40. ETA November delivery. Otherwise I’d have to join the queue for a 40, which was 12 + months. At another dealer they said 2 year wait!

in the end I took that build slot and ticked almost every option that was available. Hope I don’t regret not waiting for the air suspension and 4 wheel steering.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a 50 and can tell you the ride is sublime - the air suspension works wonders - not driven the 40 so can’t compare the ride - sorry
I agree - just got 50. Ride is phenomenal. Handling also pretty good for such a heavy car - better than my 2016 535D (which was frankly a bit disappointing in this regard - I understand later models are better).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts