BMW iX Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So that HVB recall for the early models hit my vehicle today, which I picked up at the end of June. How unfortunate! I got a surprise call from BMW North America "executive customer care agent" and what I thought was a courtesy call turned into a blip of bad news. Unfortunately I have no option to park my car outside or use another vehicle, so I hope my local dealership will get to me ASAP about a loaner vehicle. In the meantime, BMW is also sending out a monthly payment until a fix is made. On the upside, I get to experience other BMWs (this is my first).

·
Registered
BMW IX 50
164 Posts
I just call the call too, about 30 mins ago. My fear is that they will have the car for several months. This actually happened with my PHEV BMW X3e last year. Battery recall was only supposed to be for like 2 weeks. It turned out to be 6 1/2 months! Thats right,,,the dealership had my car for 6 1/2 months! I Lemon Law'ed the car. It was approved and now Im just waiting for them to pick it up. Has anyone from the initial battery recall received their car back?

·
Registered
49 Posts
They've said in the past that it is 2022 model year, but with this new set of recalls for this issue who knows. I have a 2022.
Mine is a 2023 xDrive50 that's currently on a boat somewhere between Germany and Halifax. I have high hopes they wouldn't ship out a vehicle that's under recall. But I've read such horror stories here...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got hit by the original High-voltage battery recall (2022 iX delivered in June). I lemoned the car -- I recommend you do the same. They had no fix in sight after the car sat for two months. It actually worked out for me, because I paid a 10k markup for the original car, but was able to buy a replacement iX for MSRP.

I filed my complaint through BBB AUTO LINE Check your state laws -- in my case, I was eligible to lemon it if the car was nonoperational due to a safety issue for 30+ days.

·
Registered
BMW IX 50
164 Posts
Hi,
I actually had my BMW X3 PHEV Lemon Lawed earlier in the year. Same exact issue...The process is finally approved 7 months later and im still waiting for them to pick up the car. How did you do it so quickly? Did they order you a new car or didi you get a replacement off the lot? In FL, the Lemon Law is the same,,,30 days. I expect mine will be in the shop for at least that long so considering my previous experience (My X3 was in service for 6 1/2 months!),,,im not even going to believe anything they say and start the process at day 31.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I actually had my BMW X3 PHEV Lemon Lawed earlier in the year. Same exact issue...The process is finally approved 7 months later and im still waiting for them to pick up the car. How did you do it so quickly? Did they order you a new car or didi you get a replacement off the lot? In FL, the Lemon Law is the same,,,30 days.
At first they refused to offer a buyback; I then instructed the BBB agent to schedule an arbitration hearing ASAP. There was a slot available the next week, and I suspect BMW knew they'd lose if it went to arbitration, because they came back with a buyback offer instead.

The buyback covered all costs I originally paid for the car, including markup, sales tax, and registration fees. I then used the funds to buy the other car separately, not as part of the Lemon Law process.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did you pick up the car already? Or did you have to order and wait? I have a feeling that’s what I’m going to do since there is no remedy available.
I had placed an earlier order, which was fortuitously delivered to the dealer the week after I executed the buyback for the lemoned car.

Did you guys get offered a $1550 payment for the "inconvenience"?

·
Registered
BMW IX 50
164 Posts
They told us we were getting it for every month it was in service. I drop the car yesterday and the manager of the dealer actually said that parts are available now. It happened and just the past few days however, they still need to come from Germany due to the fact that it’s a lithium battery, it needs to be shipped via boat and ground so it will take two weeks to get here, and then probably another two weeks for installation and testing. So they’re telling me about one month or so. I told him the clock is ticking and a 31 days from executing the lemon law.

·
Registered
IX 50
17 Posts
So that HVB recall for the early models hit my vehicle today, which I picked up at the end of June. How unfortunate! I got a surprise call from BMW North America "executive customer care agent" and what I thought was a courtesy call turned into a blip of bad news. Unfortunately I have no option to park my car outside or use another vehicle, so I hope my local dealership will get to me ASAP about a loaner vehicle. In the meantime, BMW is also sending out a monthly payment until a fix is made. On the upside, I get to experience other BMWs (this is my first).
We are now into 3.5 months without our car. We have received 2 payments and have a loaner but now the 2023s will be out, and we have a year old car we only drove for three weeks. Very frustrating. Got a call two days ago that the parts were finally in but they don't have anyone who knows how to fix it! We have begged to buy a new 2023 and be on an expedited list to no avail so far. They will buy our car back, but then what? BTW, our car is parked in the dealer lot by it's self with cones around it. We did get them to put a cover on it. We feel the dealer has been helpful but BMW has not been as customer friendly as we feel they should be. Wishing you better luck than we had. Make sure they come get your car and give you a reasonable loaner!

·
Registered
IX 50
17 Posts
I just call the call too, about 30 mins ago. My fear is that they will have the car for several months. This actually happened with my PHEV BMW X3e last year. Battery recall was only supposed to be for like 2 weeks. It turned out to be 6 1/2 months! Thats right,,,the dealership had my car for 6 1/2 months! I Lemon Law'ed the car. It was approved and now Im just waiting for them to pick it up. Has anyone from the initial battery recall received their car back?
NO! We are 3.5 months in and the parts just arrived but no one is available at our dealer yet who knows how to fix it! We received 2 payments and have a loaner but have asked to buy an expedited 2023 as our car is now a year old and we drove it for 3 weeks.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts