BMW iX Forums banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
BMW IX 50
164 Posts
Just re read one of your posts. How did you get BMW to put a cover on the car? I had actually asked them two weeks ago to do that when I turned it in. First they said that they don't have a cover for the car, then they said that they can't because water may accumulate and cause mold or other issues....Im like what? this makes no sense. I live in S Florida and the heat is going to be brutal on the car!

·
Registered
BMW IX 50
164 Posts
PS,,,In Hindsight It probably won't matter as they now have 20 days to fix the car before I can officially Lemon Law it,,,,which I plan to do. Considering they have not touched it in 10 days,,,I feel fairly confident that It won't be repaired in the next 20 days as the shipment of parts is like 14 days alone.

·
Registered
IX 50
17 Posts
Please keep me posted on how your replacement goes. Because at 15 days I’m eligible to start the paperwork for a replacement which I’m going to do.
We are ordering a 2023 tomorrow. We decided to sell back ours as it still has not been repaired even though pats have finally arrived after three + months. They will make us whole from the original transaction but we will have to wait in line for the new car. We decided that we would feel happier about a whole new car.

·
Registered
IX 50
17 Posts
Just re read one of your posts. How did you get BMW to put a cover on the car? I had actually asked them two weeks ago to do that when I turned it in. First they said that they don't have a cover for the car, then they said that they can't because water may accumulate and cause mold or other issues....Im like what? this makes no sense. I live in S Florida and the heat is going to be brutal on the car!
We just asked for it. They did not have a cover that was made specifically for the car, but ordered one that fit okay.
The squeaky wheel gets attention. We called several times asking for it. We live in Las Vegas - heat here was also brutal this summer.

·
Registered
IX 50
17 Posts
PS,,,In Hindsight It probably won't matter as they now have 20 days to fix the car before I can officially Lemon Law it,,,,which I plan to do. Considering they have not touched it in 10 days,,,I feel fairly confident that It won't be repaired in the next 20 days as the shipment of parts is like 14 days alone.
It will not be repaired in the next 20 days. It took 3 months before we even got the parts. They have had the parts about 10 days now and not fixed to my knowledge. There is a problem with who can fix it. We have now asked for a buy back and ordered a 2023. Had we done this three months ago we might be near getting a new one, but did not. Now our car, with 600 miles on it, will be a year old and I'm leery of the repair- so that's why we ordered a 2023. It is an absolutely gorgeous car, otherwise I would not have ordered a new one. Would have gone to an ugly Tesla!

·
Registered
BMW IX 50
164 Posts
It will not be repaired in the next 20 days. It took 3 months before we even got the parts. They have had the parts about 10 days now and not fixed to my knowledge. There is a problem with who can fix it. We have now asked for a buy back and ordered a 2023. Had we done this three months ago we might be near getting a new one, but did not. Now our car, with 600 miles on it, will be a year old and I'm leery of the repair- so that's why we ordered a 2023. It is an absolutely gorgeous car, otherwise I would not have ordered a new one. Would have gone to an ugly Tesla!
Hi, Just curious any updates on your car

·
Registered
IX 50
17 Posts
Hi, Just curious any updates on your car
I don't believe it is fixed yet, but now it doesn't matter to us as we have ordered a new 2023 car. BMW will be buying back the car and I think it will be shipped back to the east coast. The dealer does not keep it. We still have the rental until the car is purchased back and then will have to drive our own car (Corvette) until the new one arrives. Estimate for arrival is 4-6 months. But we will have a brand new one that has not had a major repair.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I got an update from my dealership saying they got the parts yesterday and they hope to tear into the vehicle to fix it on Friday (the one guy who knows what to do is out on training) with the hope they get it back by Thanksgiving (otherwise I'm stuck with a loaner while I travel for a week). I've received one payment so far, but I hope to get my iX back soon. I think this process also just depends on the condition of your dealership. Mine is the first iX my dealership has had to recall fix and they have one other waiting for it too.

·
Registered
BMW IX 50
164 Posts
Oh, Ok. I thought that once your IX was repaired, they would take the loaner back and give you your car until the new car came in and then the swap would be made. That is what I am requesting. Is a swap, meaning that once my car is done, I take it back and continue to use it until the new one comes in.

·
Registered
BMW IX 50
164 Posts
I got an update from my dealership saying they got the parts yesterday and they hope to tear into the vehicle to fix it on Friday (the one guy who knows what to do is out on training) with the hope they get it back by Thanksgiving (otherwise I'm stuck with a loaner while I travel for a week). I've received one payment so far, but I hope to get my iX back soon. I think this process also just depends on the condition of your dealership. Mine is the first iX my dealership has had to recall fix and they have one other waiting for it too.
They finally looked at mine today. I just got an email from service saying that they will give me more information tomorrow. I submitted stuff for Lemon Law already,,,they have 11 days left to fix. If it's fixed after the 11 days, I am requesting a replacement. Meaning that I will continue to drive my car until they can find an identical replacement (which I know will be 6-8 months)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
They finally looked at mine today. I just got an email from service saying that they will give me more information tomorrow. I submitted stuff for Lemon Law already,,,they have 11 days left to fix. If it's fixed after the 11 days, I am requesting a replacement. Meaning that I will continue to drive my car until they can find an identical replacement (which I know will be 6-8 months)
Got an unfortunate update today. The lift the dealership uses is broken and needs to be serviced by some other techs that have to come in from somewhere. Given it is the holidays it’ll maybe be a week delay. On the bright side, I got to swap my x2 m35i (fun to drive but I couldn’t stand the suspension for the roads here) for a brand new x3 (so much smoother to ride in). And I guess another BMW check maybe? Gonna have to ask about that.

2023 iX xDrive50
135 Posts
Got an unfortunate update today. The lift the dealership uses is broken and needs to be serviced by some other techs that have to come in from somewhere. Given it is the holidays it’ll maybe be a week delay. On the bright side, I got to swap my x2 m35i (fun to drive but I couldn’t stand the suspension for the roads here) for a brand new x3 (so much smoother to ride in). And I guess another BMW check maybe? Gonna have to ask about that.
When all this happened, did you get any options on which BMW you would get?
Does anyone know how long it would take for BMW to process the buyback for your car?

I've heard of many of these stories for warranty/safety recall issues. If I get into this situation, I will start the Lemon Law process at 15+ days. If it's not corrected at day 30+, I'll start the ball rolling for the Lemon Law process. I haven't even received my 2023 iX yet (It's still at the Port of Bremerhaven) and I'm talking about a safety recall and Lemon Law process. Not a great start of owning my first BMW!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Do you mean "if it's NOT fixed after the 11 days"? Make sure you know what the Lemon Law says happens after the repair period is up. In Maine, the owner can file for an arbitration hearing. In my case, the car's been at the dealer for the full repair period, and I could file for arbitration, but since the car is likely to be fixed before or shortly after the hearing, I'm assuming I would lose.

·
Registered
BMW IX 50
164 Posts
It's already been 35 days in continuous service, so under FL Lemon law I am now legally eligible for either a refund or replacement (In FL, the consumer gets to decide which). I have the unfortunate experience in that I just did this with my X3 PHEV,,so im a pro now LOL

21 - 35 of 35 Posts