BMW iX Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
BMW IX 50
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my IX 50 now for exactly 3 months,,,I love it...However, Im still trying to determine the best setting for Regen Braking. I find myself changing it and can't seem to just stick with one. Each one seems to have it's advantages and disadvantages. Just wondering what other owners thoughts are and if they have a preferred setting.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am using D and adaptive. Works well for me and seems efficient (although I don't have any empirical proof!). The car basically does all the braking down to 4mph based on what it is sees ahead (just occasionally I see a situation it doesn't and need to take over but for the most part it handles itself. ) I can see it is regenning all the way down and I like it that it modulates to the situation.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I use adaptive all the time as prefer to coast where possible and get good efficiency using this method (3.2kw/mile for 2000 miles since new last month). Takes a bit of getting used to as car does not always slow down as expected at some corners and junctions so end up using the brake pedal. My understanding is that adaptive only works in (D) drive mode and changing to (B) mode cancels adaptive and goes into high regen braking (1 pedal function)? Compared to my previous X5 the IX seems to coast for ages without hardly slowing down. Not sure if this generic to EV's but it must help with efficiency.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts