BMW iX Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

First time posting!

We have just placed an order for an iX 40 in the UK.
The dealer couldn’t give me any information about expected servicing requirements or costs.
Also can’t find any details on an owners manual I found posted online.

Do any of you who have received your cars know what servicing you are expecting?

I am interested as one of the other cars we considered was a Tesla and that was advertised to have no minimum servicing requirement.

Wonder if BMW are also delivering one of the biggest positives of EV drivetrains to its customers?

Thanks

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hi,

First time posting!

The dealer couldn’t give me any information about expected servicing requirements or costs.

Do any of you who have received your cars know what servicing you are expecting?

I am interested as one of the other cars we considered was a Tesla and that was advertised to have no minimum servicing requirement.

Wonder if BMW are also delivering one of the biggest positives of EV drivetrains to its customers?

Thanks
Hello,

I have one preordered in US. Dealer told me that Service interval was anticipated to be once a year. He wasn’t sure what maintenance would entail.
Welcome to the forum.
Annual alignments should be added or whenever you switch over from summer/all season to winter tires.

·
Registered
iX 4.0
28 Posts
Hi ecobimmer,
Sorry to say but i don't get what “annual alignments” is?
Hi,

First time posting!

Thanks
I have a Tesla as well. The first service was in two years. They did not replace the brake fluid but tested it to see if still ok. They also cleaned the brakes, why is this important, these cars use the engine as brakes so you rarely use them.
Interestingly enough the default behavior of the iX is not to use the engine to come to a full stop, you need to double click the Drive button. Which to be honest is a bit silly. But anyways, if you use the D and not the B I suspect you will indeed need to replace brake pads etc.
The only other service item after two years was the interior air filter.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Hi,

First time posting!

Thanks
Hello,

I have one preordered in US. Dealer told me that Service interval was anticipated to be once a year. He wasn’t sure what maintenance would entail.
Welcome to the forum guys! Congrats on your orders

@Vidyutyaan Aside from brakes, wheels, washer fluid and whenever there's an OTA update there's not much else when it comes to servicing.

@MechaDog Which iX model are you looking to get?

·
Registered
9 Posts
@MechaDog Which iX model are you looking to get?
[/QUOTE]

iX 50. I think it is the only model available for preorder right now in US. It is the one I would choose anyway. Pretty excited about it (although it is still months away). Recently cancelled Cybertruck and Hummer EV preorders, the iX fits what I am looking for much more.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hi,

First time posting!

Thanks
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new car. Did they give you any concrete information about this yet?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts