BMW iX Forums banner
181 - 198 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
My IX is due to arrive at Port Hueneme / Oxnard this Saturday (on Orion Leader). What's the current (expected) time frame to close all the open software recalls until transport to dealers? Looks like some are waiting up to a month and some just a few days/weeks....Thanks!
Mine is still showing at the port but BMW Genius said it’s arriving to my dealership tomorrow which is impossible. Where is your dealer? Mine is in the SF Bay are.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mine is still showing at the port but BMW Genius said it’s arriving to my dealership tomorrow which is impossible. Where is your dealer? Mine is in the SF Bay are.
Mine is also showing "at port." BMW genius said it will be "released to carrier" tomorrow (Sunday). Dealership said they should receive by Monday/Tuesday. All I know is the recalls on my vehicle have all been "closed" as of this past Thursday / Friday. Fingers crossed. So close!

·
Registered
4 Posts
What dealership is yours headed to? Mine is in San Rafael. My two issues still appear as open 🤪
I'd rather not say. But the vehicle is going to LA/SD area. But I called this morning. Apparently vehicle has already been released (on 8/4/2022) --> which is the same day when all the recalls were "closed." However, the vehicle is not scheduled for pick-up yet. Apparently it can take anywhere from 1-3 week for "pick-up" to dealership. (I'm hoping for earlier, not later). So the 1-month estimate "at port" is pretty accurate!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'd rather not say. But the vehicle is going to LA/SD area. But I called this morning. Apparently vehicle has already been released (on 8/4/2022) --> which is the same day when all the recalls were "closed." However, the vehicle is not scheduled for pick-up yet. Apparently it can take anywhere from 1-3 week for "pick-up" to dealership. (I'm hoping for earlier, not later). So the 1-month estimate "at port" is pretty accurate!
Brutal....thanks for sharing!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
My dealership has been getting i4's but no iX's out of Oxnard. Kinda strange. They told me that the i4's are being prioritized.
Got a call from dealership! Vehicle released from Oxnard and delivered. Unfortunately can't pick up until weekend (I'm still working). Arrived on Orion Leader at the end of July...."At Port" for about 1 1/2 weeks (all recalls closed)...and delivered to dealership in 2-3 days. Total process took 2 weeks. Literally can't wait!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Maybe you can do the paperwork today or tomorrow and sign via docusign. That was an option that was presented to me once the vehicle was released by BMW to the dealership. By loading it onto the truck, that was the case.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Got a call from dealership! Vehicle released from Oxnard and delivered. Unfortunately can't pick up until weekend (I'm still working). Arrived on Orion Leader at the end of July...."At Port" for about 1 1/2 weeks (all recalls closed)...and delivered to dealership in 2-3 days. Total process took 2 weeks. Literally can't wait!
Congrats!!! A long wait, but well worth it!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Maybe you can do the paperwork today or tomorrow and sign via docusign. That was an option that was presented to me once the vehicle was released by BMW to the dealership. By loading it onto the truck, that was the case.
Yeah, if it's freight on board (fob) it belongs to the dealer en route.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I am headed to the dealer in about 30 mins to drop off one of the 2 cars I am trading in and to do the paperwork. I will pick it up tomorrow, but at least the paperwork will have today's date and hopefully avoid any issues with the new law.

181 - 198 of 198 Posts