BMW iX Forums banner
141 - 160 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
my IX must have missed the truck going from Oxnard to SD BMW since it still shows at the port. I am frustrated given my car has been there since June 30th. If any of you folks see a black one this weekend send me some photos. Thanks,
Mine has been there since July 1st and had 2 of 3 issues cleared today. Dealer has no clue when it will arrive. It's obvious they don't follow a first in first out process. Probably stack parking so last in first out. Really close to canceling since the 2023 models from other makes are 6 months or less wait time if ordered today.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Mine has been there since July 1st and had 2 of 3 issues cleared today. Dealer has no clue when it will arrive. It's obvious they don't follow a first in first out process. Probably stack parking so last in first out. Really close to canceling since the 2023 models from other makes are 6 months or less wait time if ordered today.
Am so tempted too!

·
Registered
133 Posts
In Transit! It didn't specify whether it was on a sled pulled by a team of underfed miniature Schnauzers (my bet), or by Bullet Train (not a chance), but at least it's headed to...somewhere, other than "at the port." Of course, it could technically mean it's on a merchant steamer headed back to Bremerhaven, which, like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day, at this point I'm prepared to believe....

·
Registered
113 Posts
Nice one. Do they drip feed to certain bmw retailers? Would have thought it just got released to everyone at the same time! Which garage are you using?
I think the issue now is trucking, massive strikes in California (changing of the independent contractor rules for truckers), and the fact that each car carrier can take somewhere between 8-12 cars per trip. Massive amounts of vehicles coming in to the port at times, not only the i(X/4) recall vehicles, but the normal shipments of ICE vehicles as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Update.. my iX is in with the dealer prep team having the release work done as I type and assuming all goes to plan the UK BMW dealer will arrange delivery (hoping this week) 🤞

·
Registered
39 Posts
Trying to schedule my pickup.. looks like car arrived at dealer 2-3 hours before close today, Friday.
They are open Saturday but not Sunday.
How quick do dealers usually turn it around?
Hoping to have the car Monday latest tbd..
Picked up the car this afternoon.. now its time to do all the configuration stuff and drive around

·
Registered
32 Posts
Picked up the car this afternoon.. now its time to do all the configuration stuff and drive around
Congrat, it’s a fantastic car, best I’ve ever owned, even better than my F10 M5.

My car is in for reprogramming after idrive 8 failed about 6 hours after owning. I started a separate thread for this.. Driving the loaner 7 series just seemed so old school today :unsure:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Genius reported mine was released to carrier on 7/29 (same day recalls cleared) and currently loaded on the carrier for dispatch today. They estimate 3 days travel time to go 163 miles so must be quite a few stops on the way!

141 - 160 of 198 Posts