BMW iX Forums banner
161 - 180 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Confirmation received that my iX will be delivered this Friday afternoon. Dealer has also sent some digital information so been viewing/watching that tonight and getting excited! Just hope I like the colour as haven’t seen it in the flesh.

Good luck to those still waiting, I’m sure it won’t be long now :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Haha. I thought it wouldn't be long when it entered production in March!

I've been told it was originally released to carrier on 7/29 with scheduled delivery on 8/1. On 8/1 Genius said it missed that transport but was loaded and ready to ship. Today Genius said its not loaded and has no idea when it could be.

Wouldn't be so frustrated if cars arriving after mine to VPC weren't already delivered.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would check with your dealer.
3 hours before I was due to pick my car up two weeks ago I got a call to say that BMW stopped delivery. I cancelled the order. My local dealer called me up earlier this week and said that the car had been released and was still available if I wanted it. I said OK and arranged to pick it up today. Just got a call and it is now subject to a new 'air bag'
hold issued this morning - if I'd picked it up yesterday I would have it!!! Told it could now be weeks:mad::mad: So did the fix not work again or is it a new problem?

·
Registered
133 Posts
I would check with your dealer.
3 hours before I was due to pick my car up two weeks ago I got a call to say that BMW stopped delivery. I cancelled the order. My local dealer called me up earlier this week and said that the car had been released and was still available if I wanted it. I said OK and arranged to pick it up today. Just got a call and it is now subject to a new 'air bag'
hold issued this morning - if I'd picked it up yesterday I would have it!!! Told it could now be weeks:mad::mad: So did the fix not work again or is it a new problem?
There was a problem earlier in the year with the fitment of the A pillar in some models - unrelated to software. Could be one of those....

BMW iX Recalled: Risk Injury Caused By Improper A-Pillar Interior Panel (bmwblog.com)

·
Registered
39 Posts
My car switched to in tranist this morning to the dealer! Barring any recalls I should have it this weekend.

Not sure if it's a coincidence but I escalated a complaint through BMW Genius yesterday. My dealer has been receiving other i4s and iXs this week so it's not an issue of the dealer being low volume.

·
Registered
113 Posts
My car switched to in tranist this morning to the dealer! Barring any recalls I should have it this weekend.

Not sure if it's a coincidence but I escalated a complaint through BMW Genius yesterday. My dealer has been receiving other i4s and iXs this week so it's not an issue of the dealer being low volume.
I tried that a couple of days ago and the genius basically said, you can always cancel your order.....not very friendly or helpful. My dealer said that they received 3 shipments this week, but only ICE and a couple of i4's. No iX's. Still showing at the port as of 2 mins ago. I keep waiting, but the patience is wearing down.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I tried that a couple of days ago and the genius basically said, you can always cancel your order.....not very friendly or helpful. My dealer said that they received 3 shipments this week, but only ICE and a couple of i4's. No iX's. Still showing at the port as of 2 mins ago. I keep waiting, but the patience is wearing down.
I feel your pain and sorry it's still not moving. We road the same boat.

I sent them a direct email but may be coincidence. Mine still reported at port but switched around 9 to in transit. Your dealer gets a manifest. If you call they can check what's scheduled for delivery today.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Several of the scheduled dates have come and gone, with the last one having been Aug 3rd. Makes you almost wonder if they damaged it at the port and they are trying to fix it. But right now it is all speculation without any facts, at least no facts that are being disclosed to anyone.

·
Registered
113 Posts
hasn't been released to a carrier, to me it is sitting somewhere in the back 40, who knows what the status is (except for the VPC people and they aren't talking)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Genius told me it had been assigned and released but still sat for a week to the day. If Genius says it hasn't even been assigned a carrier you may be right. I also suspect mine had damaged which is why it got out last compared to everyone else.

Fingers crossed yours ships tomorrow!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Same here......did you go into Oxnard on Orion?

161 - 180 of 198 Posts