BMW iX Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Location: UK. I just popped into my dealer to get more information about my delivery date (a rolling 3 weeks....) and in passing he mentioned that if you don't have the Visibility Pack the high beam assist becomes a subscription service after 3 years!! I almost fell over. I asked him what other features become subscription and he was very vague - Concierge Service and Real Time Traffic Data - both of which I understand since it uses data and BMW have to pay for that, but high beam assistant? What are they going to turn off next, rear wheel steer? Like Mercedes

I have emailed Customer service for a definitive answer, but if it is anything other than data services, I'm cancelling...

·
Registered
24 Posts
hi @rotortalk,
When you link the car to the My BMW app, you get a link to a personalised page on the “BMW shop” which shows which services you are subscribed to and for how long. It also gives you the option to purchase some new services. I am in the UK, had the iX40 for 3 weeks now. In the BMW shop, I see the following, so I know these features will turn off after 3 years, unless extended paid for:

Property Font Material property Screenshot Parallel

I currently have the high beam assistant (although I don't have the laser lights or the visibility package), but don't see anything anywhere of that being disabled after 3 years.

·
Registered
24 Posts
could be ... its an option you can purchase
BMW High beam assist
Hmmm.. 🤔All a bit vague and confusing, because I definitely have this feature at the moment. I have seen it working in my car. On a dark road, the car automatically switched on the high beam and when it sensed an on coming car (quite a distance away), it turned the high beam off. However, when I clicked on the link above, I get the following message:

Font Number

Maybe I get this message of “service not available” cause it is already installed. Not sure why they wouldn’t use similar text like other features (I.e”unlimited” or “until xyz date”).

·
Registered
21 Posts
It does show it as an unlimited feature once you buy it. I cant imagine them giving it to you and then turning it off. ..... surely not. Map updates and over the wire features, yes ... but not this.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It does show it as an unlimited feature once you buy it. I cant imagine them giving it to you and then turning it off. ..... surely not. Map updates and over the wire features, yes ... but not this.
Totally agree - Anything requiring data services I understand, that is an ongoing cost for the manufacture, but high beam assist??

Anyway, I had confirmation from customer services:

Connected Package Professional - 20 June 2025
Map Update - 20 June 2025
Remote Services - No Set End Date
Apple CarPlay - No Set End Date
Android Auto - No Set End Date
for my (as yet, undelivered) car.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I know the question could sound a bit off-beat but how BMW decides when to switch to a high or low beam? Does it have any criteria for this? Just curious.
On my Audi, it was by light-detection in the frontscreen of the car. You put your high been on and hen a car comes in the opposite, it detects the beams from the other car and switch to low beam.

·
Registered
151 Posts
On my Audi, it was by light-detection in the frontscreen of the car. You put your high been on and hen a car comes in the opposite, it detects the beams from the other car and switch to low beam.
If you have the laser light option far more sophisticated each light is controlled and steered away from a car coming towards you or in front of you, quite entertaining in fact
it is much like this Adaptive LED

·
Registered
13 Posts
Subscriptions are the new marketing trick.
The Mercedes EQS rear wheel steering is limited to 4.5 degrees in some markets but a pack to increase the angle to 10 degree will be offered later. Personally I hate this approach, it feels like you're being cheated as clearly you paid enough for them to put the feature on the car, but they want more profit for you to use the feature...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts