BMW iX Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, long story short - I had to trade in my IX50 and the dealer took back the car after 8 weeks at 100% original cost.
What's different:

1) Appearance: I only notice a few minor differences in the trims. I put some side by sides here. I swear the front grill is Gold on the M60 and silver on the IX50, but I can't 100% confirm this.
1) Stormy Bay (vs original Phytonic Blue): I definitely prefer the Stormy Bay, especially with the black rims and the gold exterior accents on the M60. It changes color quite a bit - lighter, bluer in daylight and darker, grayer at night. Really a sharp look.
2) M60 has Amido leather: This option is worth the cost. The seats are definitely more pleasing to the touch and softer. The full dash trim and the overall comfort - no regrets
3) B&W Stereo: Now that Ive had both of them, there is zero question the HK is just not even comparable to the B&W. This was a very expensive option, but you are really talking two different ball parks in quality and volume (and feel). The speakers in the head rests and the subwoofers under the seats are really a completely different experience if you enjoy music at volume
4) Range: The M60 is lower, there is no question about that. I felt comfortable 99% of the time leaving my IX50 to charge to 80% while I think I will charge the M60 to 90%+ on a regular basis. I can't really say how significantly different it is yet versus BMW's ratings, especially because it wasn't cold 6 weeks ago when I got rid of the IX50 and yesterday when I got the M60.
Car Automotive parking light Vehicle Land vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Grille Hood

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
207 Posts
Your M60 has the bronze trim and the grill is also tinted bronze, it would have been an option on the 50
Personally I prefer the blue
Just how much quicker is it than the 50 in general driving
You now have the adaptive laser lights you will like them

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have considered making a similar change with my iX50. I am curious how your range compares with that of your ix50. I think that would be the only drawback to the iX60 for me. Is the iX60 just as quiet while driving ?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have considered making a similar change with my iX50. I am curious how your range compares with that of your ix50. I think that would be the only drawback to the iX60 for me. Is the iX60 just as quiet while driving ?
If not for an unfortunate experience with the iX50, I had no intention of changing. I really loved the car. In the end, the dealer really had to buy it back.

The range is definitely going to be less - I am estimating 40 miles. It’s 35 degrees F colder now as I drive the M60 than it was when I had the 50. IX50 @ 100% would give me about 325 miles.
The M60 charges to 100% and displays 260. I attribute a portion of the difference to cold.
For comparison, my etron would display 220 miles in warm weather at 100% and 195 miles in cold weather at 100%

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If not for an unfortunate experience with the iX50, I had no intention of changing. I really loved the car. In the end, the dealer really had to buy it back.

The range is definitely going to be less - I am estimating 40 miles. It’s 35 degrees F colder now as I drive the M60 than it was when I had the 50. IX50 @ 100% would give me about 325 miles.
The M60 charges to 100% and displays 260. I attribute a portion of the difference to cold.
For comparison, my etron would display 220 miles in warm weather at 100% and 195 miles in cold weather at 100%
It
It’s definitely not a true M, but it feels more solid.
My #1 complaint on the iX was how loose the handling felt when taking turns at speed or accelerating hard. The M60 steering feels more accurate.
its just as quiet inside. Silent without Iconic Sounds.
It seems louder when standing outside the car near the front

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Your M60 has the bronze trim and the grill is also tinted bronze, it would have been an option on the 50
Personally I prefer the blue
Just how much quicker is it than the 50 in general driving
You now have the adaptive laser lights you will like them
I forgot to mention the lights - big difference too!

I don’t think there is a noticeable speed difference.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Glad to hear the lights are better - I drive my wife's X5 w/Lasers and they're much better than my iX50 - The replacement I have coming is 1/2 across the pond as of this morning so in a couple of weeks I should be able to find out for myself...

Hoping the differences add up the $20K it's costing to make the jump.

·
Registered
BMW IX 50
164 Posts
It

its just as quiet inside. Silent without Iconic Sounds.
It seems louder when standing outside the car near the front
Hi,
Just curious,,,I have an IX 50 and in about 5 days the dealer will also have to buy mine back. (It's been in service for 25 days, and I submitted a defect notice). Mine was for the Battery recall. Was it the same for you? Im also looking for a replacement, not a refund because interest rates have gone up since I financed (not leased) the car. Did your dealer do a buyback/new purchase or a "swap", whereby the original terms of your finance contract remained in tact? (assuming you financed it)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi,
Just curious,,,I have an IX 50 and in about 5 days the dealer will also have to buy mine back. (It's been in service for 25 days, and I submitted a defect notice). Mine was for the Battery recall. Was it the same for you? Im also looking for a replacement, not a refund because interest rates have gone up since I financed (not leased) the car. Did your dealer do a buyback/new purchase or a "swap", whereby the original terms of your finance contract remained in tact? (assuming you financed it)
It was owned and paid off, so I didn’t have this issue. I don’t think it’s possible for them to do a “swap” with original contract - the collateral of the original loan is the VIN, and that is changing.

My car was brought back because there was a very slight crack in front trim. I bought the dealer demo so I could qualify for $7500EV rebate at crunch time. When I brought it back for repair, I found they had taken off while bumper and grill, and it had Been sitting outside in the rain. I didn’t feel comfortable about the future of the car not having problems going forward

see photo

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts