BMW iX Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Does anyone know if it is possible to switch dealer and keep place in line for pre-order of iX? I placed a pre-order back in January and have been having a horrible time with the salesperson with whom I have been dealing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
99 Posts
Hello,

Does anyone know if it is possible to switch dealer and keep place in line for pre-order of iX? I placed a pre-order back in January and have been having a horrible time with the salesperson with whom I have been dealing.
Let everyone know the name of the dealer so you can save others from the same frustration. What were your issues? What happened? Have you talked w/ management?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dealer is BMW Towson, Maryland. Salesperson was very responsive before I placed my order, but afterwards he never responded to me. I would send him an email (about once a month) with questions or asking how order was going, and he never responded. I would then call, leave a message or talk to receptionist and request a callback, and he would not call back. It turns out, my order is not even in the system. I am just on a list, even though I had put down my deposit in January . I canceled that order today and spoke with another dealer. It might not all be bad though, as I might end up going with iX 60 in similar time frame for not that much additional cost.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
99 Posts
Dealer is BMW Towson, Maryland. Salesperson was very responsive before I placed my order, but afterwards he never responded to me. I would send him an email (about once a month) with questions or asking how order was going, and he never responded. I would then call, leave a message or talk to receptionist and request a callback, and he would not call back. It turns out, my order is not even in the system. I am just on a list, even though I had put down my deposit in January . I canceled that order today and spoke with another dealer. It might not all be bad though, as I might end up going with iX 60 in similar time frame for not that much additional cost.
That's terrible! I would definitely speak to the manager of the dealership and give him your feedback on the experience. Who knows, maybe they'll bump you up into a cancellation spot for your trouble. It's always a good idea to give them an opportunity to make it right. You can keep a reservation with another dealer as a backup option, too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
I would suggest going to Twitter and sharing your experience with the company and tagging all other competitors. I did same for my car (not from BMW though) and received a phone call from both dealer and the company within an hour.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
The new dealer you are switching to should talk to his contact at BMW corporate and they will guarantee that you keep your line in place. It worked perfectly in my case... so far. But I am used to dealers who will not communicate, when they don't have a clear information. I decided to interpret silence as good news and hope my car will be delivered as promised when I paid my downpayment.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I appreciate everyone’s feedback with this. It turns out that I was never even in the system. Dealer just had me on some informal list. The good news is that I was given similar timeline (late summer/early fall) by new dealer on iX60 (price is not that different for me based on options that I had on my iX 50. The dealer even offered an iX60 due in July; however, I live in an area with snow and that particular car was being built with performance tires - a no go for me.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top