BMW iX Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I am able to track my iX on a ship that left Bremerhaven and is scheduled to arrive in Halifax on Nov 5th. The shipping company is Wallenius Wilhelmsen. If you go to track and trace on the website(Track and trace - Cargo tracking - Wallenius Wilhelmsen) you can type the BOL number. My BOL number is AEA24303. If you type that all the VINs of the loaded vehicles pop up and you can search your VIN there.

This is how you can figure out the BOL number:

All ships coming to North America starts with “A
The next 5 letters are the vessel number (you can find this info on the WW website under schedules. My ship is Asian Vision with a vessel no EA243)
The last 2 digits are destination so for USA is “01” at the end and for Halifax is “03” at the end

so if you add all that together you get
A + EA243 + 03 (for Halifax)
A + EA243 + 01 (for US)

Once you have the BOL number and confirmation that your vehicle is on the ship then you can track the ship live on the ocean via the following website.

Live AIS Vessel Tracker with Ship and Port Database(you can create a free account and track your ship live)

try and see if it works for your vehicle. Mine is docking in Halifax on Nov 5th. The dealership told me sometimes they bring over the vehicles from Halifax via truck all the way to Toronto. apparently it’s more expensive but is super fast and reaches Toronto in a day. I’ll keep you all updated if I get any additional info.

hope this helps

·
Registered
Current: 2018 X5 40e Future: 2023 iX50
35 Posts
Wow. This is great information that'll help everyone. Thanks for posting.

I checked your BOL number for my VIN but unfortunately, mine is not on the Asian Vision. I'm hoping its on the Asian Captain which is then next scheduled WW sailing to Halifax. The BOL has not been posted yet as it doesn't sail until Nov 14, so I'll have to wait until then.

Congrats on your new vehicle and I hope you get it soon after it lands.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone, I am able to track my iX on a ship that left Bremerhaven and is scheduled to arrive in Halifax on Nov 5th. The shipping company is Wallenius Wilhelmsen. If you go to track and trace on the website(Track and trace - Cargo tracking - Wallenius Wilhelmsen) you can type the BOL number. My BOL number is AEA24303. If you type that all the VINs of the loaded vehicles pop up and you can search your VIN there. This is how you can figure out the BOL number: All ships coming to North America starts with “A” The next 5 letters are the vessel number (you can find this info on the WW website under schedules. My ship is Asian Vision with a vessel no EA243) The last 2 digits are destination so for USA is “01” at the end and for Halifax is “03” at the end so if you add all that together you get A + EA243 + 03 (for Halifax) A + EA243 + 01 (for US) Once you have the BOL number and confirmation that your vehicle is on the ship then you can track the ship live on the ocean via the following website. Live AIS Vessel Tracker with Ship and Port Database(you can create a free account and track your ship live) try and see if it works for your vehicle. Mine is docking in Halifax on Nov 5th. The dealership told me sometimes they bring over the vehicles from Halifax via truck all the way to Toronto. apparently it’s more expensive but is super fast and reaches Toronto in a day. I’ll keep you all updated if I get any additional info. hope this helps
Thank you, the information is great. Where did you get the information about the BOL number? I need the BOL from Charleston to Bremerhaven with the Toronto. It is currently also in Bremerhaven. According to WW, the trip has the NA240. But I'm missing the first letter and the last two digits?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi, I only know how to figure out BOL Number for vehicles coming towards North America from Bremerhaven. Unfortunately your ship is going back to Bremerhaven, honestly I have no idea what the starting letter could be. Sorry

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, I only know how to figure out BOL Number for vehicles coming towards North America from Bremerhaven. Unfortunately your ship is going back to Bremerhaven, honestly I have no idea what the starting letter could be. Sorry
Hi Sonia, Thanks for the BOL number method! However, I was trying to track the ship the set sailing on Nov 14 and Nov 17 but it shows "no record found". Do you know if it only shows once the ship arrives and discharged? Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I believe it's either asian captain(ea244) which set sails on nov 14 or don quijote(ea245) which set sails on nov 17. Destination should be in halifax cuz I'm from Vancouver

According to your instructions, the BOL number should be either AEA24403 or AEA24503.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I believe it's either asian captain(ea244) which set sails on nov 14 or don quijote(ea245) which set sails on nov 17. Destination should be in halifax cuz I'm from Vancouver

According to your instructions, the BOL number should be either AEA24403 or AEA24503.
Interesting, I just checked “AEA24401” seems to be working. None of the other combinations are showing no record. Maybe you can check the above BOL to see if your vehicle is on that ship. Honestly I have no idea why others are not showing

·
Registered
7 Posts
Interesting, I just checked “AEA24401” seems to be working. None of the other combinations are showing no record. Maybe you can check the above BOL to see if your vehicle is on that ship. Honestly I have no idea why others are not showing
Unfortunately it's not, but thanks for all the info anyway haha! I guess I'll just have to wait patiently

·
Registered
Current: 2018 X5 40e Future: 2023 iX50
35 Posts
Thanks for the tips, but I still cant find mine haha. When is yours scheduled to arrive?
@JKong Looks like the Asian Captain will land sometime around Nov 26 in Halifax. Then maybe another 10-14 days to reach the dealership here in the GTA, prep, and delivery.

Just to add, the BOL number Is usually available 2-3 days after the ship leaves Bremerhaven, but I can’t find any pattern for the last 2 digits of the BOL number AEA244nn.
For the Asian Vision it was 03 for Halifax, whereas it was 04 for the Asian Captain.

I just tried different combinations until the list with my VIn showed up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
@JKong Looks like the Asian Captain will land sometime around Nov 26 in Halifax. Then maybe another 10-14 days to reach the dealership here in the GTA, prep, and delivery.

Just to add, the BOL number Is usually available 2-3 days after the ship leaves Bremerhaven, but I can’t find any pattern for the last 2 digits of the BOL number AEA244nn.
For the Asian Vision it was 03 for Halifax, whereas it was 04 for the Asian Captain.

I just tried different combinations until the list with my VIn showed up.
haha nice nice sounds like u gonna get urs in mid Dec, my sale told mine is gonna arrive around end of Dec, so its probably not even on the ship yet.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts