BMW iX Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just drove a Mineral White 40 M Sport out of Partridge BMW (Hampshire) - Wife loved it, so placed an order for a 50, now due May. Got Comfort+ and Visibility packs. I found the ride quite fidgety but it was on 22"s not 21"s and the 40 doesn't have air suspension, so I'm hoping for an improvement to Range Rover levels.

As for the demonstrators, limited supply I think. Doubt you will find a dealer with more than 1.

·
Registered
4 Posts
how about sky lounge and technology+ ? I'm definitely getting sky lounge but not sure about technology+, £5k is a big price for B&W and an inside camera

Also - everyone seems to order M sport, I'm probably the only one thinking Sport looks better than M sport, at least in alpine white...

·
Registered
5 Posts
@occam - You are not the only one who thinks the 'plain' Sport is better looking than the M Sport. I had come to that conclusion using the configurator, but to be honest I simply forgot when placing the order - the dealer simply defaulted to M Sport, and I didn't question it. Thank you for reminding me!

As for the Sky Lounge -- £3,500 for a albeit fancy sunroof, is too expensive, although you could argue on a £100k+ car who cares? Tech+ -- I don't need/what an inside camera (although I would pay for dash cams) and I'm not enough into my music to spend £5k!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
how about sky lounge and technology+ ? I'm definitely getting sky lounge but not sure about technology+, £5k is a big price for B&W and an inside camera

Also - everyone seems to order M sport, I'm probably the only one thinking Sport looks better than M sport, at least in alpine white...
10 UK demonstrators were recalled and so struggling to find one near me! I ordered sport and then changed to M sport so was very torn on the decision!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I just drove a Mineral White 40 M Sport out of Partridge BMW (Hampshire) - Wife loved it, so placed an order for a 50, now due May. Got Comfort+ and Visibility packs. I found the ride quite fidgety but it was on 22"s not 21"s and the 40 doesn't have air suspension, so I'm hoping for an improvement to Range Rover levels.

As for the demonstrators, limited supply I think. Doubt you will find a dealer with more than 1.
I had a Msport 40 for a day with 22" wheels found the ride superb - but I'm coming up from a i3S - Last Range Rover I drove was in 1976 no experience of todays tech
My Msport 50 I've specified 22" Comfort +, Visibilty, Technology, Sky Lounge, Clear and bold, Titan Bronze and Tow bar - arriving December 6th

If you dont want the B+W you can specify 5DN well worth it

5DN
Parking Assistant Plu
Camera and ultrasound-based assistance system consisting of the functions of option code '5DM Parking Assistant' as well as.- Surround View system:eek:ffers the camera-based functions Top View, Panorama View and 3D View. Cameras at the front and rear and in the exterior mirrors provide a 360° view around the vehicle including a three-dimensional visualisation. Panorama View front and rear makes it safer to approach intersections and exits. In combination with radar-based monitoring of the area in front of the vehicle, the system warns of crossing traffic. An additional view on the Control Display shows the situation to the right and left of the vehicle. The displayed positioning lines facilitate positioning the vehicle at the stop line. The function is activated by the Panorama View button. Automatic activation is possible via the storage of personal locations (only with navigation). The view towards the front or rear depends on which gear is engaged.- Remote View 3D:transfer of static images from 3D View to mobile terminal devices via the mobile phone network. In surround view, the vehicle and its surroundings can be viewed from any perspective.Please note: system scopes in the optional equipment only provide assistance within defined system limits. It remains the responsibility of the driver to react to the actual traffic situation.
Only with 4NR Interior Camera

1 - 8 of 8 Posts