BMW iX Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just got an email from my SA who tells me that BMW has discontinued the Ultimate Package for the 2023 iX. They're giving me the option to cancel my order. No "wait and see" or anything, just a "take the base version" or "cancel" option. I had been given a production number but not yet scheduled for production.

They confirmed in a follow up email that this would remove H&K sound, all the driver and parking assistance features, the HUD...I see the option to configure on BMW's site, but when I login and look at my actual order I do see that the Ultimate Package has been stripped out and my price decreased by $7600.

What a huge disappointment. Seems like that means either cancel the order or consider the M60 with significantly worse mileage...or get rid of the idea of a new car this year.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Isn't it being replaced by the Ultimate Package 2, which is the same other than the removal of the interior camera and $100 less?
Nope, that's what I had, the Ultimate Package 2...my order has had a Production # for about 1 week with a price of ~$101k and as of receiving that email the Ultimate Package 2 was removed and the price dropped to $94k. I would love to hope my SA is just really confused, but given that my order changed in the order bank before they even emailed me, clearly something happened.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just got an email from my SA who tells me that BMW has discontinued the Ultimate Package for the 2023 iX. They're giving me the option to cancel my order. No "wait and see" or anything, just a "take the base version" or "cancel" option. I had been given a production number but not yet scheduled for production.

They confirmed in a follow up email that this would remove H&K sound, all the driver and parking assistance features, the HUD...I see the option to configure on BMW's site, but when I login and look at my actual order I do see that the Ultimate Package has been stripped out and my price decreased by $7600.

What a huge disappointment. Seems like that means either cancel the order or consider the M60 with significantly worse mileage...or get rid of the idea of a new car this year.
I just checked Track My BMW and noticed that Ultimate Package 2 and Premium Content 2 have been deleted, and replaced with Included Content 1, which contains just a handful of items. My status is "Scheduled for Production".

Yeah, if this holds, it will be a cancel for me.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This probably makes me sound like a jerk...but if you can't produce the car with ANY of the technology that you want in your "flagship EV SAV", just put production on hold entirely. Talk about falling flat on your face...

I'm certainly not paying $108k base for an M60 and then still have to pay another $8k for the options and technology features I wanted in the M50.

·
Registered
30 Posts
This probably makes me sound like a jerk...but if you can't produce the car with ANY of the technology that you want in your "flagship EV SAV", just put production on hold entirely. Talk about falling flat on your face...

I'm certainly not paying $108k base for an M60 and then still have to pay another $8k for the options and technology features I wanted in the M50.
No, it doesn't. I think BMW has real supply chain issues and they decided to get as much profit from the available parts by directing them toward the M60s. I guess that the production of the iX 50 will be reduced to a trickle because most people won't be interested in what they are currently offering.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Ultimate 2 is still there but now the base price is 93,500. I might cancel
It's still on the website, but SAs are telling people that it's no longer available. In my dealer's words "they haven't updated the builder yet".

I'm still hoping I'm wrong...but my dealer seems pretty convinced.

Also...oddly my base price when I refresh and start over is $84,100.

·
Registered
30 Posts
It's still on the website, but SAs are telling people that it's no longer available. In my dealer's words "they haven't updated the builder yet".

I'm still hoping I'm wrong...but my dealer seems pretty convinced.

Also...oddly my base price when I refresh and start over is $84,100.
Wow they changed it back. It was 93500 ++++

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How do you guys check or track your BMW iX order

This should take you to the account login. If you haven't made an account you'll need to do so. Once that's done you'll need to tell it your production number or VIN, whichever you have. Then you'll be able to see where in the production queue you are as well as the options on the vehicle.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Correct me if I misunderstand, does it mean there is no more “lorded” Bmw IX available? Only base model available ?
[/QUOTE
Correct for the xdrive50. The most you can get is Sport trim, multi function seats, ventilated seats, and LED lights.

Or maybe the SAs are deeply confused, but if so they are confused because features are actually being removed from folks' orders in the system. The Ultimate Package is still on the website, but my SA tells me that it's not really available.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Correct for the xdrive50. The most you can get is Sport trim, multi function seats, ventilated seats, and LED lights.

Or maybe the SAs are deeply confused, but if so they are confused because features are actually being removed from folks' orders in the system. The Ultimate Package is still on the website, but my SA tells me that it's not really available.
Indeed. I got the same information from my SA and the Genius representative who told me that I got the ultimate 2 package for my car (which left the factory 5 days ago) "by the skin of your teeth"

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just checked Track My BMW and noticed that Ultimate Package 2 and Premium Content 2 have been deleted, and replaced with Included Content 1, which contains just a handful of items. My status is "Scheduled for Production".

Yeah, if this holds, it will be a cancel for me.
Update: Track by BMW now has me kicked back from Scheduled for Production to Order Received. I now have Premium Package, Driving Assistance Pro Pkg, and Special Package-9

PREMIUM PACKAGE
  • Glass & Wood Controls
  • Multi-Functional Seats
DRIVING ASSISTANCE PRO PKG
  • Act Cruise Contrl w/Stop & Go
  • Act Lane Asst w/Side Col Avoid
  • Surround View w/ 3D View
  • Traffic Jam Assistant
SPECIAL PACKAGE-9
  • 2-axle air suspension
  • 4-zone climate control
  • Active Driving Assistant Pro
  • Comfort Access keyless entry
  • Harman Kardon surround sound
  • Heated Str Whl F&R Seat & Arm
  • Iconic Sounds Electric
  • Integral Active Steering
  • Live Cockpit Pro (incl. Navi)
  • Natural Interaction
  • Panoramic Sky Lounge LED Roof
  • Parking Assistant Professional
  • Personal eSIM 5G
  • Soft-close automatic doors
  • Special control
  • Wireless Device Charging

So it appears everything is back. At least, everything that was in Ultimate Package 2 and Premium Content 2.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Update: Track by BMW now has me kicked back from Scheduled for Production to Order Received. I now have Premium Package, Driving Assistance Pro Pkg, and Special Package-9

PREMIUM PACKAGE
  • Glass & Wood Controls
  • Multi-Functional Seats
DRIVING ASSISTANCE PRO PKG
  • Act Cruise Contrl w/Stop & Go
  • Act Lane Asst w/Side Col Avoid
  • Surround View w/ 3D View
  • Traffic Jam Assistant
SPECIAL PACKAGE-9
  • 2-axle air suspension
  • 4-zone climate control
  • Active Driving Assistant Pro
  • Comfort Access keyless entry
  • Harman Kardon surround sound
  • Heated Str Whl F&R Seat & Arm
  • Iconic Sounds Electric
  • Integral Active Steering
  • Live Cockpit Pro (incl. Navi)
  • Natural Interaction
  • Panoramic Sky Lounge LED Roof
  • Parking Assistant Professional
  • Personal eSIM 5G
  • Soft-close automatic doors
  • Special control
  • Wireless Device Charging

So it appears everything is back. At least, everything that was in Ultimate Package 2 and Premium Content 2.
Is swearing the appropriate response? It feels like the appropriate response...I looked into my build and I'm seeing what you're seeing. I have no idea what they're going to charge me for "Special Package 9" "Premium Package" and "Driving Assistance Pro" or why we had to change that from "Ultimate Package 2" a few weeks after changing "Ultimate Package" to "Ultimate Package 2" and even after having sales managers call people to tell them their options aren't available when, surprise, maybe they are?

This was going to be my first BMW...is this the "amazing BMW experience" people talk about?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts