BMW iX Forums banner

Ultimate Package Gone?

7K views 32 replies 16 participants last post by  Rick in So California USA 
#1 · (Edited)
As of today I don't see the Ultimate Package in the configuration tool. Just the bronze accents, multi function seat, vented seats and laser headlight....

Anyone else? Any news?

ETA: At least on the configuration tool...all the options from the Ultimate Package are just included in the build, without the $7,700 Ultimate Package. Did BMW just throw all these in for free to make up for the loss of the $7,500 tax credit? Or is the website just buggy?
Product Azure Rectangle Font Screenshot

See less See more
#7 ·
The Ultimate Package does not show on the build and price site, but its features are not listed as standard. In the screenshot above, the pricing (93,375) reflects the inclusion of the Ultimate Package so the features are definitely not free.
Are these not the Ultimate Features listed here? These show up without selecting Ultimate (which isn't available). These show up regardless of the options you select...which to me looks like they're included "standard"...I get to $93k with Sport, 22" wheels, Leather, Lasers, and Multi-Seats.

I also asked my sales associate and he says he doesn't know what's up. If BMW decided to offset the lost $7,500 tax credit with a free Ultimate Package I wouldn't say no...hah...
Font Slope Circle Rectangle Parallel

#5 ·
Yeah. I'm seeing the same thing. And I'm not seeing a phantom price uptick. As I add options (such as leather, perforated seats, etc.) the price ticks up by the correct amount and no more. Not given an option for the Ultimate package and the only available options are the Titanium Bronze Exterior Trim, Front ventilated seats, Multi-function Seats, and the LED Headlights with Laserlight. Nothing else (other than BWM Ultimate Care+.

Hopefully a configurator glitch, but it does seem these glitches happen when they are making an update. Mine hasn't locked in yet (still waiting...) so I'll be watching to see if they are making changes.

#6 ·
As of today I don't see the Ultimate Package in the configuration tool. Just the bronze accents, multi function seat, vented seats and laser headlight....

Anyone else? Any news?

ETA: At least on the configuration tool...all the options from the Ultimate Package are just included in the build, without the $7,700 Ultimate Package. Did BMW just throw all these in for free to make up for the loss of the $7,500 tax credit? Or is the website just buggy?
View attachment 2386
Same thing happened to my reservation. My price dropped by the cost of the Ultimate Package, but I want that package. I followed up with my dealer but haven't heard back. If they don't include that package, or at least the options included in the package, then I don't want the car.

#12 ·
If this package is indeed gone, just as the i4 E40 RWD no longer has Drivers assist and parking assistance pro packages... those on the waitlist might want to start grabbing what is available in the pipeline now

I can help.

nextlevelautobrokersdc@gmail.com

#13 ·
In Europe they force you to choose in ix40 a ultimate/essence pack with comfort access, dap, pap, hud, hk, 5g sim, 4zone ac and wireless charging).
And in iX50 in addition theskyroof, active steering, air suspension, Trailer hitch, heated panels and soft close doors.

Cannot be deleted and it’s added to the base price, confirmed with sales person.

You can add ventilated seats, memory /massage seat (passenger excluded), laser light and wheels.

#16 ·
Was just told by my dealer there will be an Ultimate Package 2. They're eliminating some items like interior camera due to supply chain issues. These problems happen when you support your enemy (C-h-i-na) and have to get stuff by funding their war efforts against you. Did not say what other items are eliminated but he did say it will be on the site soon.

#18 ·
I wonder what happens with orders previously placed? They took a deposit from me over a month ago, but still not clear that BMW ever initiated the order. Every time I ask the dealer they dance around the topic. Definitely won't accept paying the same fee for a deal I already made but with less features, even if that means walking away.

#19 ·
A few sites are already listing "Ultimate Package 2" with identical features to the original Ultimate Package but $100 less and missing the interior camera as the only difference.

#21 ·
This does not appear to be on the US Configurator as of 30 seconds ago. It may still in fact be available, and your SA may be able to add it, but it is not on the configurator - at least the one I pull up:

#31 ·
My car is being built and due to be finished tomorrow. It Has ultimate package 2 and premium content 2.
it only has interior camera and passenger lumbar delete. There is no mention of hands free rear hatch delete and the genius said it should be included on my car.
Does anyone know if the live cockpit pro means the car has heads up and AR navigation? It is part of my build…thanks in advance.

#32 ·
My car is being built and due to be finished tomorrow. It Has ultimate package 2 and premium content 2.
it only has interior camera and passenger lumbar delete. There is no mention of hands free rear hatch delete and the genius said it should be included on my car.
Does anyone know if the live cockpit pro means the car has heads up and AR navigation? It is part of my build…thanks in advance.
None of my prior builds had the "rear hatch delete", it just wasn't included or mentioned at all but hopefully you get it!

Live cockpit does, I believe, mean the HUD is included.

#33 · (Edited)

Anyone else? Any news?

View attachment 2386
I ordered my iX xDrive50 in mid July 2022. A few weeks ago, I went back in the BMWusa.com website to “build” the car again. Then BIG package i ordered wasn’t there. I went to the dealership and asked them about it. After going around and around with the salesman, i asked for the sales manager. The scoop was BMW didn’t have the chips and/or wiring harness for the Active Cruise Control with Stop & Go functionality.

This was on a Thursday. I emailed my salesman that i wouldn’t accept the car with this option. I happen to go back to the website to “build” The iX again. Guess what, the options changed yet again. This time it has a Driver Assistant Package. I immediately emailed my salesman about this. He checked with the Inventory Manager and it’s back in. So everything is exactly what i ordered it but with packages names that are different.

Absolutely Crazy!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.