BMW iX Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope everyone is doing well.
Ordered back in November and heard nothing from dealer. Got an invitation to preview the car back in March. Asked the dealer about my order and he found it built and waiting for a ship at the port. Unfortunately it has been sitting there for almost a month for an east coast delivery. Dealer did say May delivery. Do you think they are holding them back? Any customer deliveries in the US yet?

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ours was at the port for about a week. Just got on a ship on the 1st and due to dock in California on the 29th. Then supposedly on a truck to AZ for the final leg of the journey. Just got off the phone with the Genius hotline and was able to get the name of the ship that it's on. Once your tracker says "in transit", I'd give them a call and they'll have better information for you.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ours was at the port for about a week. Just got on a ship on the 1st and due to dock in California on the 29th. Then supposedly on a truck to AZ for the final leg of the journey. Just got off the phone with the Genius hotline and was able to get the name of the ship that it's on. Once your tracker says "in transit", I'd give them a call and they'll have better information for you.
I called BMW Genius yesterday to verify a production completion date of May 5, 2022 for mine and May 20, 2022 for my husband's iX50. The Genius told me that when my iX50 goes "in transit" that I can call back and track the ship that it is on. Apparently, the cars leave out of the Bremerhaven Port. MarineTraffic: Global Ship Tracking Intelligence | AIS Marine Traffic

·
Registered
41 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just wanted to post an update. I logged into my BMW Garage app to find that my iX50 has progressed two steps. Now, my vehicle is in the "Paint Booth." So, if all goes well, production will be completed as planned for May 5, 2022. Pre-ordered on 8/18/2021-US member.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

·
Registered
6 Posts
My iX just reached west coast this morning (to port Hueneme). Waiting for it to reach Seattle soon for delivery. But looks like it has a stop sale about airbag sensor issue 🤞

1 - 15 of 15 Posts