BMW iX Forums banner

US Delivery Dates

16K views 38 replies 15 participants last post by  cal.tko 
#1 ·
Hope everyone is doing well.
Ordered back in November and heard nothing from dealer. Got an invitation to preview the car back in March. Asked the dealer about my order and he found it built and waiting for a ship at the port. Unfortunately it has been sitting there for almost a month for an east coast delivery. Dealer did say May delivery. Do you think they are holding them back? Any customer deliveries in the US yet?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Ours was at the port for about a week. Just got on a ship on the 1st and due to dock in California on the 29th. Then supposedly on a truck to AZ for the final leg of the journey. Just got off the phone with the Genius hotline and was able to get the name of the ship that it's on. Once your tracker says "in transit", I'd give them a call and they'll have better information for you.

#11 ·
I just wanted to post an update. I logged into my BMW Garage app to find that my iX50 has progressed two steps. Now, my vehicle is in the "Paint Booth." So, if all goes well, production will be completed as planned for May 5, 2022. Pre-ordered on 8/18/2021-US member.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

#16 ·
US member. Pre-ordered 8/18/2021. No dealer markup at our dealership and we are purchasing two BMW 2022 iX50's. My iX50 arrived at the Port of Baltimore on 5/21/2022 and my husband's is awaiting cargo ship assignment at the Port of Bremerhaven. This is my third BMW purchase at this dealership and my husband's second.

#23 ·
Do you know the date that your carrier left the Port of Bremerhaven? I had no idea that the carriers have that type of capacity. My husband's iX50 has been at the Port of Bremerhaven for over a week now. BMW Genius told me that the carriers do not leave port until completely full. My iX50 is at our dealership, so I expect a call any day for a delivery date. One down and one to go.😇

#26 ·
Yes, this entire automobile shipping process is fascinating. One of the members spoke of his ship passing through the Panama Canal. I decided to do a Google Search and found a very informative video. This is my third BMW and I had no idea how they actually are shipped from the Port of Bremerhaven to ports of call across the world. The ship in the video is the world's largest carrier.

#35 ·
You can also try a broker. Tom is pretty well known and reputable. Home

I didn’t decide on an iX until early June, called my local BMW dealerships (3) in a 100 mile radius, said I would be interested in any cancellations and then the same day got a callback and I was able to reserve a dealer order car that was already on a boat. Three weeks later, proud and ecstatic owner of one. A couple days before I took delivery, I got another call from a dealership who said they had one RIGHT NOW but it didn’t have the Bowers system. So if you call around and ask to get on a list, it’s possible to get one sooner rather than later, even if the dealer doesn’t have the car yet but it’s an unclaimed one somewhere along the line.

#37 ·
hey, I was supposed to get my iX50 this week but the dealer held it back saying that they need to do a "programming update". Anyone else hear about this? I googled and found that there are a couple of recalls that require a programming update. I am wondering if it was this reason?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.