BMW iX Forums banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Does your spec include soft/self closing doors? I could not see it specified anywhere when building mine. I am ready with same build as yours with Phytonic blue and no B&W sound. My sales guy believes production wont start until early next year. To be confirmed I suppose.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does your spec include soft/self closing doors? I could not see it specified anywhere when building mine. I am ready with same build as yours with Phytonic blue and no B&W sound. My sales guy believes production wont start until early next year. To be confirmed I suppose.
I couldn’t find any evidence of self closing doors. It isn’t mentioned under standard features and it isn’t in any of the packages or standalone options

The other missing feature I can’t find is side window shades in the rear.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It is in the luxury package it says so on the website but it’s hard to find. I couldn’t bring myself to blinding crystal knobs so no soft close for me
I have that crystal on the drive selector handle of my 14 month old X5 45e, I think the issue of blinding by the light is a bit overblown in the various reviews. I am in Southern California with a fair bit of direct sunlight.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Three questions re US orders:

(1) Does my pre-order guarantee an early production slot or does the actual order determine the production slot? I placed a pre-order June 2 and had been waiting for my dealer to contact me to place the actual order. No word from the dealer. I just learned that it has been possible to place firm orders for a few weeks now. Am I still guaranteed an early production slot based on my pre-order? I just contacted my dealer and they are clueless (“it’s all new to us”).

(2) Is it possible to switch dealers without losing your production slot status based on your pre-order? I specified a dealer as part of my pre-order. What if I place my order with a different dealer using my pre-order number? Will I keep my early production slot?

(3) Is it possible to switch dealers after placing an order? I may move out of state after placing the order. Would I be able to transfer the order to a different dealer in a different state?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Three questions re US orders:

(1) Does my pre-order guarantee an early production slot or does the actual order determine the production slot? I placed a pre-order June 2 and had been waiting for my dealer to contact me to place the actual order. No word from the dealer. I just learned that it has been possible to place firm orders for a few weeks now. Am I still guaranteed an early production slot based on my pre-order? I just contacted my dealer and they are clueless (“it’s all new to us”).

(2) Is it possible to switch dealers without losing your production slot status based on your pre-order? I specified a dealer as part of my pre-order. What if I place my order with a different dealer using my pre-order number? Will I keep my early production slot?

(3) Is it possible to switch dealers after placing an order? I may move out of state after placing the order. Would I be able to transfer the order to a different dealer in a different state?
I don’t have much to offer except my dealer contacted me Friday to select a build and tell him so he can get the order in as early as possible. Live ordering went live 1/11/201. The car I ordered had a mandatory dynamic handling package, on all builds between Nov and Feb. i Didn’t put my original on line pre order in until 10/1/2021.

my dealer does not know production date or really anything about the car other than to tell me he wanted to submit my order for production.

tell the dealer to contact someone at BMW, maybe they are a low volume dealer but they should be able to get some info for you. If you are moving I would suggest you call dealer near your new place and ask them about switching dealers.

good luck

·
Registered
12 Posts
After rushing to configure and submit last week, my dealer now tells me it's only a pre-order and will be submitted for a production slot sometime in January. They said the pre-order window is just to show the build options and that the customer can go in at anytime before productions start next year to modify. That appears to be as much as they know at this stage.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I did not have the configurator open in June. I should correctly add that it will go in the production queue in January for estimated delivery late June. I was also advised not to expect any movement on the price due to the unprecedented worldwide demand already. This is my 3rd BMW from the same sales person, wait and see.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I had to contact my dealer when I saw the configurator online. I go tomorrow to pick options. He told me that order of production is based on when you submitted your deposit order. I did mine June 1 so I should be at the top of the list. Should know more tomorrow. It’s really sad that BMW is doing such a poor job communicating to us.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had to contact my dealer when I saw the configurator online. I go tomorrow to pick options. He told me that order of production is based on when you submitted your deposit order. I did mine June 1 so I should be at the top of the list. Should know more tomorrow. It’s really sad that BMW is doing such a poor job communicating to us.
Makes sense that order is based on when deposit was made. communications from all car companies are poor Nowadays. Shortages and all but would think when it come to top tier items like this car it would be better.

I don’t want the dynamic handling package but had no choice, as I mentioned this is mandatory for cars produced between Nov and Feb

i told my sales person that if car is made after Feb to delete it. Wishful thinking on my part.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My dealer emailed me back and said Aventurine Red is not available and he cannot submit the order unless I change the color. Is that right?
I was about to order when I was told the same thing I said that Aventurin Red Metallic was on the website to order he said the dealership could not order and maybe later in the year it may open up

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I spec’d mine at BMW of Nashville today. Easy process. I deposited 6/1 and they told me my production slot was 1st quarter 2022. Expect car April or May. Ordered Blue Ridge Mountain. Production started/starts this month.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts