BMW iX Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Happy to hear you got a solid production date. Haven’t heard anything recently from my dealership in AZ but I’ll reach out and post if I hear anything. We initially ordered the i4 the 1st of June but switched to the iX (and switched dealerships) on July 20th so probably a little further down the list.

·
Registered
27 Posts
So my dealer said they’re expecting production in the spring and deliveries in the summer. Very vague as usual. I’m not even sure that he knew these weren’t being built in North America. Was it your dealer that gave you a build date or was it an email?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My dealer gave me the date. Naturally, I had to ask for it. Don’t understand why dealer is so out of touch. They have no new cars and very few used. What else do they have to do but play on their phones! Very disappointed in the way BMW is handling this launch.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I called and pestered my dealer after seeing this post, until I finally got my production number. With that I was able to log in to MyBMW and see my car but as of Jan 25,2022 no build slot allocation date had been assigned. I ordered on 6/1. I’m wondering if others in the US that orders on the first day have their build/delivery dates?

·
Registered
17 Posts
The screenshot below is what I see when logging in with my production number. I paid on June 1 and configured on the first day configs opened in the US. Not sure why I wouldn’t have a production date yet unless they are putting thru one type first. (It also has the wrong wheels. I ordered the black, but not worrying about that yet).

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That is the same screen I get on MyBMW. If you want your date, the dealer has to tell you. BMW is doing such a horrible job with this launch. I called the toll free number and talked to a rep. He agreed they were being very secretive and could (or would) not tell me why.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Call the bmw genious or the “i” team line. They can tell you your production date. You likely already have one. My showed order received until 60 days until production date now it shows scheduled for production. Not sure if coincidence or programming. (USA preorder btw)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Things are happening! I also got a production date. Week 9. I'm surprised it was so soon as we didn't order until July but I'm speculating that our fairly large dealer had allocation and/or small number of deposits. I've been unable to put the vehicle in "MyGarage". Customer service said my production number was the same as a production number from somebody else's old 3 series vehicle. They didn't seem too concerned about that and said it would be fixed shortly. My dealer guessed about 4 weeks to leave the factory and get to the U.S. Does that seem realistic based on what everybody else is hearing? And any idea how long the vehicle sits in production before it's finished? Based on my dealer's screenshot, it's scheduled to come into the port at Oxnard, CA which makes sense as we live in AZ.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Surprised with week 9. Mine is week 11 and I ordered June 1!
I finally got to see one live today as the rep brought one in for training. Very nice car. Nothing surprised me since I have seen so many videos with it. But, very impressive seeing it first hand.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Nice! What were your thoughts?
Does anyone have a production status in ‘mygarage’? Ours says ‘production begins’. It’s said that for about a week now. Anybody in the U.S. farther along than that?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Mine is on the assembly line. Call i concierge line they can tell you when it should be expected to be produced, about two days before frame will be made and then painted based on my experience. Was in production begins for about 10-12 days or so

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just called BMWNA for an update on my order. I ordered June 4th and was told by my dealer in November when I configured it that it should be delivered in April. BMWNA stated today that my order is due for production week 18 (May 1st) and could not give me a delivery date. It seems nobody in BMW knows that (strange that an almost 106 year-old car company can't seem to work that out yet). Based on previous posts that I can add on 2.5 months after production, which means it should be delivered August 1st at this stage.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts