BMW iX Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

Here is a usage and performance update of my iX after a couple of months. It is a spectacular vehicle. Five Tesla owner friends test-drove my iX and agreed that it is a superior vehicle. One, so far, put in an order for a 2023 iX.

I have taken it on one relatively long round trip (1000 miles). The cockpit is very spacious, with plenty of room to get comfortable. I am six feet even, and my wife is 5’ 4”. It was like sitting on our couch at home, minus the TV and fireplace. She did complain a little about when she leaned her seat back. The metal trapezoid on the headrest was uncomfortable. Our trip was from the Midwest to NC. There were plenty of charging stations through KY, TN, and NC. We used the EA chargers since they were included. We only charged 80% each time, as we received a range of 265 miles with each charge. I planned the trip with only 230 miles (+-15 miles) between stops. Each charging stop was short, 30 – 40 minutes, using the EA DC chargers. The charging stops were in areas where you could also get a meal or coffee and use the facilities. The other EV owners at the stations were very friendly. It was like being in a club, like this website.

The long trip was driven in Efficient mode and selection D. My day-to-day driving is in light traffic with a range of 20 – 50 miles. A normal selection for this type of driving is Efficient mode and selection B. From the attached “My BMW” images, I’m getting the same kWh/100 miles with each configuration. My home charger is the ChargePoint 14-50 NEMA purchased on Amazon with next-day delivery for $800. The electrician installed it on a dedicated 50-amp circuit with a six-gage wire. His fee was $2000.

I have zero complaints about the iX. Every item that I have figured out how to use is working as advertised. Much of my BMW education was learned at this priceless website.

Thank you,

HammiX

Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design
Sleeve Grey Collar Automotive design Tints and shades
Font Rectangle Parallel Technology Slope
Font Parallel Electric blue Rectangle Slope
Font Rectangle Parallel Electric blue Slope
Peripheral Output device Audio equipment Gadget Headphones
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Window
Font Material property Parallel Number Document

·
Registered
12 Posts
Question your 5 Tesla friends which model do they own? I'm trading in a Model S but i see when most say its superior to Tesla its the 3 or Y they are comparing it to. I'm sure it beats the Model S or X but just want confirmation. I ordered the same color by the way. The most frustrating think about the BMW iX is picking a color. They all look great.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Question your 5 Tesla friends which model do they own? I'm trading in a Model S but i see when most say its superior to Tesla its the 3 or Y they are comparing it to. I'm sure it beats the Model S or X but just want confirmation. I ordered the same color by the way. The most frustrating think about the BMW iX is picking a color. They all look great.
I could not agree more about the color choices for the iX. I am very glad that I went with the amido interior. It is a great complement to the sophistico grey. The Tesla friend breakdown is two Y's, two 3's, and one S. The guy with the S is the only one that has reservations, due to the range of the S. His car is beautiful. It's black and very sporty. It's not the Plaid, but still it's a very nice car. Can't you just keep the S and still get an iX?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I could not agree more about the color choices for the iX. I am very glad that I went with the amido interior. It is a great complement to the sophistico grey. The Tesla friend breakdown is two Y's, two 3's, and one S. The guy with the S is the only one that has reservations, due to the range of the S. His car is beautiful. It's black and very sporty. It's not the Plaid, but still it's a very nice car. Can't you just keep the S and still get an iX?
Thanks for the info. Would love to keep both but doesn't make sense financially. My model S is 2014. Out of warranty. old tech, rear wheel drive, 240 mile range in ideal situation and a slower supercharging rate. Still love the vehicle , it has free supercharging and I still do road trips with it. Actually, I just drove from NY to SC yesterday (supercharging seem to improve with the last update ). If the deal with the iX doesn't go through, all depends on what I get for a trade in, I may just keep the Tesla another year or 2.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a Tesla S prior my iX, there is no comparison between the two! iX is better build, more confortable, better sound proofed ! Our second car is currently a model 3 and I will order a model iX1 this week end

·
Registered
101 Posts
I sold my 2020 Model X Long Range Plus for the iX 50 and the iX is leaps and bounds better than my Model X, there’s no comparison

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello Everyone,

Here is a usage and performance update of my iX after a couple of months. It is a spectacular vehicle. Five Tesla owner friends test-drove my iX and agreed that it is a superior vehicle. One, so far, put in an order for a 2023 iX.

I have taken it on one relatively long round trip (1000 miles). The cockpit is very spacious, with plenty of room to get comfortable. I am six feet even, and my wife is 5’ 4”. It was like sitting on our couch at home, minus the TV and fireplace. She did complain a little about when she leaned her seat back. The metal trapezoid on the headrest was uncomfortable. Our trip was from the Midwest to NC. There were plenty of charging stations through KY, TN, and NC. We used the EA chargers since they were included. We only charged 80% each time, as we received a range of 265 miles with each charge. I planned the trip with only 230 miles (+-15 miles) between stops. Each charging stop was short, 30 – 40 minutes, using the EA DC chargers. The charging stops were in areas where you could also get a meal or coffee and use the facilities. The other EV owners at the stations were very friendly. It was like being in a club, like this website.

The long trip was driven in Efficient mode and selection D. My day-to-day driving is in light traffic with a range of 20 – 50 miles. A normal selection for this type of driving is Efficient mode and selection B. From the attached “My BMW” images, I’m getting the same kWh/100 miles with each configuration. My home charger is the ChargePoint 14-50 NEMA purchased on Amazon with next-day delivery for $800. The electrician installed it on a dedicated 50-amp circuit with a six-gage wire. His fee was $2000.

I have zero complaints about the iX. Every item that I have figured out how to use is working as advertised. Much of my BMW education was learned at this priceless website.

Thank you,

HammiX

View attachment 3058 View attachment 3070 View attachment 3071 View attachment 3072 View attachment 3073 View attachment 3064 View attachment 3068 View attachment 3069 View attachment 3065
Thanks for your feedback, particularly the chargepoint stats! Congrats on your new iX :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had a Tesla S prior my iX, there is no comparison between the two! iX is better build, more confortable, better sound proofed ! Our second car is currently a model 3 and I will order a model iX1 this week end
Picked up my iX Monday after Thanksgiving and traded in my Model S. All I can say is wow. I love it. Only thing I think I will miss from Tesla is the supercharging network and I’m not a fan of the large charging port door on the iiX feels like it can break easily. Other than that, I get back that luxury feel I had when I had own previous ICE cars before the Tesla ( Jaguar , Range Rover and BMW)’but with the super smooth and quick acceleration of an electric motor

1 - 8 of 8 Posts