BMW iX Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
My order has been stopped at the dealership due to the above, does anyone know if this has now been resolved?

Cant seem to get an update from BMW
I spoke with BMW US yesterday and they said the Valet recall software was available for dealers and the airbag recall stop sale should be complete by weeks end. Really hoping so, we have been waiting two weeks to pick ours up after the stop sale! Good luck!

·
Registered
101 Posts
I spoke with BMW US yesterday and they said the Valet recall software was available for dealers and the airbag recall stop sale should be complete by weeks end. Really hoping so, we have been waiting two weeks to pick ours up after the stop sale! Good luck!
I talked to my dealer today and got the same confirmation, apparently fix is coming July 22nd, this Friday, here’s hoping 🤞🏻🤞🏻

·
Registered
400 Posts
When did yours land in Baltimore?
June 27. Ordered in early February. Assuming it shows up at my dealer in August, this will likely be an over 6 month delivery process, during which features were removed that I initially ordered. I still plan on buying an electric car, but I'm driving a perfectly good, fully optioned 2020 X5 G05 right now. This string of defects, including possibly the core of the car right out of the gate - the battery - makes me seriously reconsider. These are more than just first model hiccups, and the delays only confirm that perhaps BMW isn't capable right now of producing a commercially viable EV that they can sustain, in spite of wonderful specs and good press. And perhaps that they don't even want to. I'll likely stick with the plan (barring additional demonstrated ineptness), but I'm now looking at 2023/24 models from other manufacturers with a lot more interest. If I'm going to lay down north of $100k on a car, I want it to be solid not only in features but in the critical backtrain of support, and this one may not be it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just called the Genius line, and thankfully it sounds like the battery thing didn't hit my M60. It shows Valet and airbag software recalls. Told me it is currently scheduled to go to the dealer tomorrow, so I'm checking with them when they open shortly to verify that. I still show open for both recalls on the tool, and landed in Baltimore late Tuesday night last week.

·
Registered
5 Posts
No updates for me either, I'm based in North East England, we currently have 2 IX on hold and getting no updates from either BMW or Dealer. It's pretty frustrating as one is at the dealer and the other is in a UK compound until updates have been released.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No updates for me either, I'm based in North East England, we currently have 2 IX on hold and getting no updates from either BMW or Dealer. It's pretty frustrating as one is at the dealer and the other is in a UK compound until updates have been released.
seems to be conflicting news some say updates released, dealers are saying no!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Very conflicting, I've just spoken to BMW direct again and they said they can't confirm its the same update worldwide which doesn't make sense as it was exactly the same stop code. They were due for delivery on 15th July.
Same here, my dealership are checking the car everyday still no updates. It seems that the dealerships are not getting any more information than us, considering they are representing BMW directly to the buyers that is very poor indeed. What I can't understand and nor does my dealership is when I check my VIN Number on the BMW UK recall check it says that I don't have any outstanding safety recalls? Equally frustrating is that I've paid a substantial amount of money as a deposit which is sitting in my dealers bank and not mine.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts