BMW iX Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
My locks were already installed. The regular bolts + the key were in a plastic package in the storage compartment.

Like Hans mentioned there is a cutout under the trunk for the key. That is where I store my key.

2023 iX xDrive50
135 Posts
My locks were already installed. The regular bolts + the key were in a plastic package in the storage compartment.

Like Hans mentioned there is a cutout under the trunk for the key. That is where I store my key.
Did you order the wheel locks separately when you ordered the iX? No one at my dealership even mentioned wheel locks when I ordered the car. I read that you should just get 1 set of 4 and have 1 wheel lock each tire. Is anyone doing anything different?

·
Registered
2023 BMW iX 50
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did you order the wheel locks separately when you ordered the iX? No one at my dealership even mentioned wheel locks when I ordered the car. I read that you should just get 1 set of 4 and have 1 wheel lock each tire. Is anyone doing anything different?
I didn’t order the car. It was a cancelled order, but no, I did not buy the wheel locks.

2023 iX xDrive50
135 Posts
Same. I'm guessing wheel size-related? 21" aero here....
The wheels are suppose to be:
1LM 21" Aero Bi-color Wheels, With Style 1010 As Non-rft

I'll stop by my BMW dealer and see what they have in the parts dept.
I asked my sales associate if I bought wheel locks, would they put them on the wheels while they are doing the inspection and everything else needed. He said I should talk to the service manager to verify with him. I would think they could do that little thing as I'll be spending over $100k the next day.

·
Registered
17 Posts
No didn't order. I had the ultimate 2 and premium 2 packages for my iX 50. The wheels locks are not listed anywhere on the invoice or window sticker. I have the 20" wheels.

They came in a package like this:

·
Registered
Current: 2018 X5 40e Future: 2023 iX50
35 Posts
Wheel locks are usually a dealer option and there would have been a line item on your invoice when you purchased the car. My dealership automatically added the locks to my invoice, as well as Fuel of $120 CAD (??? hahaha). Will be asking him about that and getting it removed.

2023 iX xDrive50
135 Posts
Wheel locks are usually a dealer option and there would have been a line item on your invoice when you purchased the car. My dealership automatically added the locks to my invoice, as well as Fuel of $120 CAD (??? hahaha). Will be asking him about that and getting it removed.
Hmmmmm….Fuel charge on an BEV…. Where would they put it? 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

1 - 14 of 14 Posts