BMW iX Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pretty much set on ordering a xDrive40 in white. I'm not keen on M package because I think white looks better without M package.

I'm still debating all other optional packages. Having watched autogefuehl review, I'll probably skip B&W package as well, it's £5k in UK.

Do you guys have any must-have options? Alternatively, any option you think unnecessary?

·
Registered
12 Posts
In Turkey, our options a bit more limited than others. For example, I didn’t see any internal camera option in TR configurator. This is mainly due to high taxes and distributor has concerns like more options means more cost and most likely they think that it will not possible to sell.

My must have option is B&W package as sound quality is essential for me.

I didn’t add ventilated seats considering that I will never use this function. Also, comfort heat package is also not necessary in my opinion as we don’t have very cold weathers all the time in Istanbul. I have only heated steering wheel.

By the way, here we don’t have xdrive 50 option yet, it is expected to be available next year. But in my opinion, cost will be sky high here. My xdrive 40 package is already around 190k + usd :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah, as a fellow Turkish I sympathise... I'm ordering it in UK, price gap is ridiculous

Did you get the M sport ?

How's the charging unit situation these days? Will you only drive in Istanbul or occasional trips to Cesme / Bodrum? I was in Cesme few weeks ago, haven't seen a single charging station- but probably I didn't pay attention..

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm pretty much set on ordering a xDrive40 in white. I'm not keen on M package because I think white looks better without M package.

I'm still debating all other optional packages. Having watched autogefuehl review, I'll probably skip B&W package as well, it's £5k in UK.

Do you guys have any must-have options? Alternatively, any option you think unnecessary?
I would add at least 5DN Parking Assistant Plus for £950 text below particuarly usefull where I live lits of poor visibily tee junctions and narrow roads (Cornwall)
I'm adding glass roof the car might look dark inside being quite large, you get a hell of a lot as standard other options down to personal preference

Camera and ultrasound-based assistance system consisting of the functions of option code '5DM Parking Assistant' as well as.- Surround View system:eek:ffers the camera-based functions Top View, Panorama View and 3D View. Cameras at the front and rear and in the exterior mirrors provide a 360° view around the vehicle including a three-dimensional visualisation. Panorama View front and rear makes it safer to approach intersections and exits. In combination with radar-based monitoring of the area in front of the vehicle, the system warns of crossing traffic. An additional view on the Control Display shows the situation to the right and left of the vehicle. The displayed positioning lines facilitate positioning the vehicle at the stop line. The function is activated by the Panorama View button. Automatic activation is possible via the storage of personal locations (only with navigation). The view towards the front or rear depends on which gear is engaged.- Remote View 3D:transfer of static images from 3D View to mobile terminal devices via the mobile phone network. In surround view, the vehicle and its surroundings can be viewed from any perspective.Please note: system scopes

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ah, as a fellow Turkish I sympathise... I'm ordering it in UK, price gap is ridiculous

Did you get the M sport ?

How's the charging unit situation these days? Will you only drive in Istanbul or occasional trips to Cesme / Bodrum? I was in Cesme few weeks ago, haven't seen a single charging station- but probably I didn't pay attention..

Thanks to high taxes.. 60% tax and 18% vat over it. :)

My order is for First Edition Essence. I didn’t like the Sport design much. In Turkey we don’t have M option yet.

My daily usage is far more less then the range And I mainly drive in Istanbul. Therefore, wallbox at home garage will be my main source of energy.

In Turkey, number of charging units are increasing rapidly, considering that EVs are not much on the roads (45k to 50k EV+hybrid in total), there is no congestion for these units. We have 4 different service companies for charging units.

Cesme is a nice place I hope you enjoyed it. Bodrum, Cesme and similar popular holiday locations have lots of charging locations. West side of Turkey is fine in this respect, but east side may be a bit more difficult but still fine in city centers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I agree with iancstevenson54 on the config suggestions.
I couldn't afford the x50, way over my budget. The M trim was also pushing the price up, I preferred to go for the Sky lounge pack option for the same money.
I have ordered the "xdrive 40 Sport (not M), alpine white, Mocha interior, sky lounge package (+£3500), parking assistant plus(+£750), 1011 style Bi-colour aero alloy wheels (+£250)". Expected delivery date is 4th March 22.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts