BMW iX Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2013 E92 M3, 2008 E70 X5, and a 1987 E30 325.
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings fellow BMW enthusiasts!

I work for BMW. please feel free to write or ask me for help.

I am super-excited about the new BMW iX and i4, and will share novel marketing material or even confidential BMW dealer tidbits as things unfold..

·
Registered
189 Posts

I am super-excited about the new BMW iX and i4, and will share novel marketing material or even confidential BMW dealer tidbits as things unfold..

Welcome to the forum @Jon Shafer! Great to have someone with your experience with BMW on the forum! What has you the most excited about what BMW has in store with the i4 and iX?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forum @Jon Shafer! Great to have someone with your experience with BMW on the forum! What has you the most excited about what BMW has in store with the i4 and iX?
All of us have witnessed a hostile take-over of the premium luxury car segment here in the USA by Tesla,

What excites me most is that these new offerings will not only compete, but should actually restore the World Order.. ;) Nothing can keep BMW down, not two World Wars, a takover attempt by Mercedes-Benz, competition from Tesla, or a global pandemic.

Many people I know who defected from BMW to Tesla are now coming back, acknowledging that brand's failures (namely build quality/service infrastructure), what the new BMW i-Cars are sure to deliver is not only the complete electric experience but also Bavarian DNA. Remember VW's "Fahrvergnügen"? I am speaking of road feel/handing, non-power-based performance measures.. I am talking about the driving dynamics associated with TUDM.

Interestingly, since the order call opened I have personally received 5 orders for i4 and not yet one for iX. I am sort of perplexed by this, the national numbers seem to reflect a more normal split.

I don't expect to see the BYO Configurator to go live for a while. however, I should have actual ordering guides in a few weeks.

·
Registered
35 Posts

Hi Jon

I'm from the UK and have on factory order an iX Msport 50 the first from my dealership and have a delivery date of end of October but no build slot confirmed
When do you think customers will start getting deliveries ?

Also what sort of premium are we likely to see for the M60 ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm from the UK and have on factory order an iX Msport...When do you think customers will start getting deliveries ? Also what sort of premium are we likely to see for the M60 ?

I wish I had a better worldview/perspective on this for you. For us over here in the states, all I know is that the official launch is June, 2022. Beyond that any response on my part would be purely speculative and I have not been digging too deep (business has been booming).

·
Registered
189 Posts
All of us have witnessed a hostile take-over of the premium luxury car segment here in the USA by Tesla,

What excites me most is that these new offerings will not only compete, but should actually restore the World Order.. ;) Nothing can keep BMW down, not two World Wars, a takover attempt by Mercedes-Benz, competition from Tesla, or a global pandemic.

Many people I know who defected from BMW to Tesla are now coming back, acknowledging that brand's failures (namely build quality/service infrastructure), what the new BMW i-Cars are sure to deliver is not only the complete electric experience but also Bavarian DNA. Remember VW's "Fahrvergnügen"? I am speaking of road feel/handing, non-power-based performance measures.. I am talking about the driving dynamics associated with TUDM.

Interestingly, since the order call opened I have personally received 5 orders for i4 and not yet one for iX. I am sort of perplexed by this, the national numbers seem to reflect a more normal split.

I don't expect to see the BYO Configurator to go live for a while. however, I should have actual ordering guides in a few weeks.
Even though the market is all in on SUVs do you think there's a chance that the i4 can outsell the iX?

·
Registered
35 Posts
There is also the issue of price. The iX will be over $100k in the U.S. with options.
I think the i4 will outsell the iX by a factor of 10 - if BMW had this car when the TM3 was launched they would have had kept BMW drivers who defected to Tesla.

The BMW 330e and the TM3 are very popular with company car drivers as taxable benefit is low
if you are on a decent salary a 330d will cost you £5400 a year in tax a 330e £1850 and a TM3 £240

If you had a X5M as a company car that would cost you £16,400 in tax each year

An iX similar price to a Tesla model X Plaid (£110k) would cost you just £444 so as a small company owner the iX will save me a considerable amount of cash
and EV's purchased outright are 100% tax deductable in the first year unlike ICE cars

in 2020 Tax benefit was 0% and is going up 1% per year

Government in the UK get a massive income from car fuels 68% is tax on petrol (gasoline) so come 2030 they are going to have a big hole in there finances when ICE cars will no longer be sold - currently 250,000 EV's in the UK and rising fast 7% of new cars sold now are EV's

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Even though the market is all in on SUVs do you think there's a chance that the i4 can outsell the iX?
I believe that the i4 will outsell iX by a factor of 4:1 even though our appetite for SUVs far outweighs the demand of 4-door saloons.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts