BMW iX Forums banner
241 - 251 of 251 Posts

· Registered
56 Posts
I just dropped mine in for ceramic coating today. I didn’t do it earlier because I didn’t want to be without my car! I’m going to Brisbane tomorrow so now I’m okay with it!
Did you sort out the bubbles in the roof? @x5mad
FYI- you can set the height of the boot opening in menu settings. Was never a problem in the X3, but when we opened the boot of the IX, it touched the ceiling in the garage and there’s a small scratch. It’s very hard to see but I know it’s there. So annoying!
Oh no! Hopefully they are able to polish it out when in for the ceramic coating.

My dealer had my boot opening on the 2nd from highest setting. I found this to be the same height as my X3 on its highest setting. I find this is fine so will leave it, the highest setting looks too high.

Re the roof - I suspect it’s going to be several months as it will be a big job. Entire glass roof will be replaced.

· Registered
46 Posts
I took delivery of mine on 16 January. Took it for ceramic coating and tinting the next day. Today i took it to a golf course 100k away on the motorway. So 200km return. Very impressive Assisted Driving. The ride is very smooth.

I still kept my iX50 order. Was told it will be built in March and expect delivery in June or July. The 50 is almost fully loaded and so is the 40. The only difference are the range, air suspension and active drive. I think i am happy with the range for the 40 for my intended use. So if the 50 come without air suspension and active driving, i won’t be accepting it. This is what i told my dealer.

· Registered
12 Posts
I took delivery of mine on 16 January. Took it for ceramic coating and tinting the next day. Today i took it to a golf course 100k away on the motorway. So 200km return. Very impressive Assisted Driving. The ride is very smooth.

I still kept my iX50 order. Was told it will be built in March and expect delivery in June or July. The 50 is almost fully loaded and so is the 40. The only difference are the range, air suspension and active drive. I think i am happy with the range for the 40 for my intended use. So if the 50 come without air suspension and active driving, i won’t be accepting it. This is what i told my dealer.
Ditto.

I ordered a iX50 in Feb 22 and was expecting it in April 23. When I worked out it was going to be longer, I picked up a iX 40 demo in December. Absolutely love it. My plan was to keep the 50 order and change over once it was ready. After just reading this thread, I am more likely to keep the 40 and cancel the order as the 4WS was the option I was most looking forward to. The turning circle is OK without the 4WS but I would like it to be a bit better. The 40 has enough power (0-100 in 6 seconds....that's what my first WRX used to do) and the range is fine for us in Perth as the max distance we are ever likley to go in one drive is within its range. Once you have a wallbox in your house range is never a problem. So why spend the money (probably $50k+) changeover for a bigger battery that we will never fully use??????? The rest of the car is exactly the same. The Demo was even the colour we wanted. We did want the bronze stripe and red seats but we are more than happy with the grey leather seats.

Also, I downloaded the 3 month trial of Parking Professional yesterday and had a bit of a play around. It is very cool but it is a bit slow compared with the reversing assistant, plus as mobile reception is poor in my garage as its under the house, the saved tracks don't always come up straight away (or at all). Works well though going in the garage from the outside . I probably won't pay the $500 for lifetime Parking Professional once the trial expires.

Yesterday I also tried out a chargefox 350 kW fast charger from about 40% to 95% (first time I have been above 80%). It was pretty simple and the charge rate started at about 120kW and tapered off as expected. I think it averaged about 80 kW. At least I know now how the app works so I don't look like an idiot when I pull up at a charger on a trip.
Land vehicle Tire Car Wheel Vehicle

· Registered
67 Posts
Ditto.

I ordered a iX50 in Feb 22 and was expecting it in April 23. When I worked out it was going to be longer, I picked up a iX 40 demo in December. Absolutely love it. My plan was to keep the 50 order and change over once it was ready. After just reading this thread, I am more likely to keep the 40 and cancel the order as the 4WS was the option I was most looking forward to. The turning circle is OK without the 4WS but I would like it to be a bit better. The 40 has enough power (0-100 in 6 seconds....that's what my first WRX used to do) and the range is fine for us in Perth as the max distance we are ever likley to go in one drive is within its range. Once you have a wallbox in your house range is never a problem. So why spend the money (probably $50k+) changeover for a bigger battery that we will never fully use??????? The rest of the car is exactly the same. The Demo was even the colour we wanted. We did want the bronze stripe and red seats but we are more than happy with the grey leather seats.

Also, I downloaded the 3 month trial of Parking Professional yesterday and had a bit of a play around. It is very cool but it is a bit slow compared with the reversing assistant, plus as mobile reception is poor in my garage as its under the house, the saved tracks don't always come up straight away (or at all). Works well though going in the garage from the outside . I probably won't pay the $500 for lifetime Parking Professional once the trial expires.

Yesterday I also tried out a chargefox 350 kW fast charger from about 40% to 95% (first time I have been above 80%). It was pretty simple and the charge rate started at about 120kW and tapered off as expected. I think it averaged about 80 kW. At least I know now how the app works so I don't look like an idiot when I pull up at a charger on a trip. View attachment 3540
I m almost in the same boat as you, but decided not to cancel 50, instead I ll sell it before registration, and reckon making $10-20k if everything remains as now.

· Registered
31 Posts
Oh no! Hopefully they are able to polish it out when in for the ceramic coating.

My dealer had my boot opening on the 2nd from highest setting. I found this to be the same height as my X3 on its highest setting. I find this is fine so will leave it, the highest setting looks too high.

Re the roof - I suspect it’s going to be several months as it will be a big job. Entire glass roof will be replaced.
I know, fingers crossed they can buff out the scratch! I wish my SA had the foresight to set the height to level 4.
That really sucks about the roof, it’s a pain getting repairs even if it is under warranty.
I hope it doesn’t take too long. I should check mine properly!

· Registered
31 Posts

Oh wow you already have a build date! I haven’t heard anything about my ix50 order.
I’m starting to think I might keep the order for the extra range. We do like to take road trips to the Hunter a few times a year and go to Byron each summer so would be good to not have to charge as often.
Does anyone know if the price comes down since those features were deleted?

· Registered
3 Posts
Hi all. I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Had a call from my replacement sales rep this afternoon. He took over my case 3 weeks ago and promptly went on annual leave until yesterday. The previous rep was pretty slow to provide any information and it was like pulling teeth. Anyway i expected much of the same from this guy and was going to contact him to find out if my latest build date (February 6th) was still on track. He beat me to it and told me that my car was completed and waiting for a ship!!! Gave me the VIN number and said he would let me know what ship it would be on so i could track it. He expects an April delivery (which is what i got told in December 2021 for 2022). I plan to have some physio now so i can get out of my foetal position and stand up straight :)

· Registered
31 Posts
Hi all. I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Had a call from my replacement sales rep this afternoon. He took over my case 3 weeks ago and promptly went on annual leave until yesterday. The previous rep was pretty slow to provide any information and it was like pulling teeth. Anyway i expected much of the same from this guy and was going to contact him to find out if my latest build date (February 6th) was still on track. He beat me to it and told me that my car was completed and waiting for a ship!!! Gave me the VIN number and said he would let me know what ship it would be on so i could track it. He expects an April delivery (which is what i got told in December 2021 for 2022). I plan to have some physio now so i can get out of my foetal position and stand up straight :)
That’s awesome! Hopefully it gets on a ship quickly too. 🤞🏼

· Registered
56 Posts
For those that have their car, I’ve noticed compared to my test drives 6 months ago in 2 different iX the pedestrian sound generator was very obvious.

In my car with latest software and production date of 9/22 the sound generator is barely audible. Have to really listen for it.

I noticed in the US there is a stop sale/recall for cars with intermittent problems with the pedestrian sound generator. Which relates to sometime there being a fault and no sound being generated.

Mine does have a sound but very quiet.

Also the my modes has changed as well. The personal and sport just sound weird, like a toned down version of expressive mode. The test drive cars back in July sounded in my opinion much better.

Anyone else notice these?

241 - 251 of 251 Posts