BMW iX Forums banner
221 - 240 of 251 Posts

· Registered
56 Posts
Good to know that defect 0061390700 has a fix now. My brother-in-law car has the same defect but has been fixed. Hope ours will be fixed soonest.
On the bmw recall site my car shows as now having had the defect fixed.

I thought bmw dealer would apply the fix but the tracking still shows my car at prixcar.

Does prixcar do the software fixes?

· Registered
46 Posts
On the bmw recall site my car shows as now having had the defect fixed.

I thought bmw dealer would apply the fix but the tracking still shows my car at prixcar.

Does prixcar do the software fixes?
Mine too was fixed this morning and is also at prixcar site. I suspect BMW has people at their site to do software fixes, instead of sending all the car back to BMW. My dealer told me that it will be BMW Australia to do all the fixes before deliver to the dealership. Mine was scheduled to deliver to the dealership on 11/1/2023. Hope you get your soonest too.

· Registered
56 Posts
Mine too was fixed this morning and is also at prixcar site. I suspect BMW has people at their site to do software fixes, instead of sending all the car back to BMW. My dealer told me that it will be BMW Australia to do all the fixes before deliver to the dealership. Mine was scheduled to deliver to the dealership on 11/1/2023. Hope you get your soonest too.
That’s good you have an eta.

I don’t have an eta to the dealer yet. Will bug them on Monday.

· Registered
67 Posts
do u have any idea how long after the car’s fault gets rectified, it reflects on this website?

· Registered
13 Posts
Just looking at the current prices for the iX 40 and the i4M50 and everything has gone up by around $10k - $12k I assume the 50's etc. are the same.

Edit " just checking again and I made a mistake on pricing ... it seems the iX40 'Technology' (which looks like the sport) also adds the 'Enhancement package' to the config, thus the $161k price tag.

Building the iX40 in 4 days time i'm told ... fingers x'd for the September delivery.

st courier tracking status
Has Australia post parcel delivery got a lot slower in recent years? I remember not that long back I could get regular post parcels delivered from say Sydney to the Gold Coast within a few days maximum. Recently though I'm lucky if my parcels arrives within a full week. When I check the tracking, it just seems like the parcels are sitting around for 2 days before moving on from each point along the way.

· Registered
1 Posts
Mercedes EQE SUV arriving in next 6 months. I also ordered mine December 2021 but they have messed me around so much and lacking information. They remove features at will and there seems to be a disregard for BMW loyalists.

· Registered
67 Posts
Mercedes EQE SUV arriving in next 6 months. I also ordered mine December 2021 but they have messed me around so much and lacking information. They remove features at will and there seems to be a disregard for BMW loyalists.
I doubt MB is any better than BMW these days.
We all got unlucky by placing order for IX50.
all of pleasure is gone for me honestly even now I know the build date.
I ended up purchasing a dealer ordered 60 instead which will be delivered next week. At least I know all of standard options are remained.

· Registered
56 Posts
@Echoherbie

I ordered the interior camera as part of the executive package. However, it seems it was not installed/ordered. I am missing the interior camera.

Does yours have the camera? I’m trying to work out whether it was the dealer that was at fault or BMW removing it.

Also, unfortunately my glass roof has a few bubbles. It will be under warranty but annoying nonetheless.

Did yours have a glass roof and any issues?

· Registered
125 Posts
@Echoherbie

I ordered the interior camera as part of the executive package. However, it seems it was not installed/ordered. I am missing the interior camera.

Does yours have the camera? I’m trying to work out whether it was the dealer that was at fault or BMW removing it.

Also, unfortunately my glass roof has a few bubbles. It will be under warranty but annoying nonetheless.

I may be wrong, but from what I've been reading most if not all recent builds have omitted the interior camera.

· Registered
46 Posts
@Echoherbie

I didn’t order the interior camera. My understanding is that even if you order it, it may not be included because of supply problem. But if it didn’t come with the car but you have ordered and paid for it you should ask for credit from your dealer.
I didn’t notice any bubble on the Sun roof. But then again I didn’t actually look at it closely. Will check it thoroughly tomorrow.

· Registered
67 Posts
@Echoherbie

Check your decoded VIN to see if it’s included but faulty or not included at all. As above , if u v ordered and paid, they should reimburse you.

· Registered
3 Posts
Hi, My dealer got in touch with me a few weeks ago and said that the interior camera is part of the executive indulgence package. I replied that i only ordered the interior camera not the indulgence package and he replied that while you can order the camera separately it was affected by the semi conductor shortage. If i wanted to have it i would have to wait until who knows when to have it included. Then he proceeded to tell me that the air suspension and integral active steering were being removed globally after week CW 46 November 2022. Option code Z8F would be automatically inserted to vehicle orders at the factory.

· Registered
31 Posts
Hi @x5mad and @Echoherbie, I’m assuming you’ve been driving yours cars around. I picked mine up on the 13th because I’ve been away a lot since the holidays so I’ve only been driving for about a week. Just wondering if you had any more thoughts on whether you will cancel or keep your ix50 order. I think I might cancel because they removed the air suspension, so not sure if it is worth it….
For those of you feeling fed up with waiting, just know it’s worth it. I love my ix40! I actually think about it at night and can’t wait to drive it the next day! I wonder how long that feeling will last 🤣

· Registered
56 Posts
Hi @x5mad and @Echoherbie, I’m assuming you’ve been driving yours cars around. I picked mine up on the 13th because I’ve been away a lot since the holidays so I’ve only been driving for about a week. Just wondering if you had any more thoughts on whether you will cancel or keep your ix50 order. I think I might cancel because they removed the air suspension, so not sure if it is worth it….
For those of you feeling fed up with waiting, just know it’s worth it. I love my ix40! I actually think about it at night and can’t wait to drive it the next day! I wonder how long that feeling will last 🤣
Was wondering what happened with yours as we were on same ship.

I didn’t pick mine up until last Wednesday 18th. The delay at the ports, brisbane being last and then Xmas and etc etc.

Only had a few days with it and put it in for paint protection on Monday. Getting it back late today.

I didn’t order the ix50 as didn’t want to wait that long and my ix40 only came about as the dealer gave up one of their only 2 allocations for the year.

In total I waited 6 months but it is absolutely worth it. I have not been excited about a car purchase like this one. I love it!

Maybe next gen I will get the ix50/60 when things aren’t so crazy. But I love this car and don’t feel the need to get the 50. 😁

· Registered
31 Posts
I just dropped mine in for ceramic coating today. I didn’t do it earlier because I didn’t want to be without my car! I’m going to Brisbane tomorrow so now I’m okay with it!
Did you sort out the bubbles in the roof? @x5mad
FYI- you can set the height of the boot opening in menu settings. Was never a problem in the X3, but when we opened the boot of the IX, it touched the ceiling in the garage and there’s a small scratch. It’s very hard to see but I know it’s there. So annoying!

221 - 240 of 251 Posts