BMW iX Forums banner
201 - 220 of 251 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
So I've got a VIN number now and my order status code is '150 Spec Locked ready for Body Shop'

Potentially looking at a September delivery.

Any other Australians with orders have details ?
I ordered my iX50 in March 2022, I got my VIN today (9 months later). They just updated my delivery date to July / August 2023, 17 months after order

· Registered
67 Posts
I ordered my iX50 in March 2022, I got my VIN today (9 months later). They just updated my delivery date to July / August 2023, 17 months after order
Lucky that you have VIN.
My dealer said vin will be issued/given just before the production, however gave me the production number.

can you please put your vin to vin decoder to see if all standard features are included?

· Registered
13 Posts
Lucky that you have VIN.
My dealer said vin will be issued/given just before the production, however gave me the production number.

can you please put your vin to vin decoder to see if all standard features are included?
Nothing happed for me with the VIN decoder??? The site looked like a dodgy US website. Reading the e-mail again I actually have the Chassis Number, not the VIN. Not sure if the two are the same thing???

On the information I received from the Dealer by e-mail key information shows: a Chassis Number, Order Status ""02-Spec", Category "Changeable", it lists me as the customer, and the Sold Status is "SOLD".

Not sure what "02-Spec" means. No update on Spec from my dealer.

For me vehicle range was the biggest reason I stepped up from the iX 40 to the iX 50. The ride quality on the iX40 I test drove in January was excellent. I hear the air suspension is better, but I could live with regular suspension if the spec does change. But no word from the dealer if the spec is changing or not.

· Registered
67 Posts
Nothing happed for me with the VIN decoder??? The site looked like a dodgy US website. Reading the e-mail again I actually have the Chassis Number, not the VIN. Not sure if the two are the same thing???

On the information I received from the Dealer by e-mail key information shows: a Chassis Number, Order Status ""02-Spec", Category "Changeable", it lists me as the customer, and the Sold Status is "SOLD".

For me vehicle range was the biggest reason I stepped up from the iX 40 to the iX 50. The ride quality on the iX40 I test drove in January was excellent. I hear the air suspension is better, but I could live with regular suspension if the spec does change. But no word from the dealer if the spec is changing or not.
I reckon Chassis number is the same as VIN.
However it sounds strange slightly, as when you are given VIN, it means you can’t change anything!! Maybe I m wrong.
There are stone legit website to decode your vin if you find them.

· Registered
2023 iX50 Sport - Black Sapphire
58 Posts

Try bimmer.work : VIN Decoder for BMW
Put your VIN into here:
Rectangle Font Tints and shades Pattern Electric blue

· Registered
46 Posts
Lucky that you have VIN.

I was given the Production Number straight after my order was in last January. I was told Production number means nothing except that BMW Australia has received your order,

· Registered
46 Posts
great to hear that yours is on the Torrens as well. It’s on a very slow boat. Another 6 weeks to get here.
‘Torrens is finally docking in Australia. I was advised that the car will be arriving at my dealership in Sydney 5 January. Was told that it will be all checked by BMW Australia head office in Melbourne before they get delivered to the dealerships. So all our cars may have already off loaded in Melbourne by now. I haven’t heard of any recalls in Australia despite what happened in North America. We maybe lucky or the news haven’t hit us yet.

· Registered
56 Posts
‘Torrens is finally docking in Australia. I was advised that the car will be arriving at my dealership in Sydney 5 January. Was told that it will be all checked by BMW Australia head office in Melbourne before they get delivered to the dealerships. So all our cars may have already off loaded in Melbourne by now. I haven’t heard of any recalls in Australia despite what happened in North America. We maybe lucky or the news haven’t hit us yet.
Thats good to hear. Mine is still on the ship and keeps getting delayed. The trip to Australia was uneventful and on time, once near Australian shores the ETA just kept getting longer. Been sitting near port kembla for 2 days now and waiting to dock.

Then on to brisbane as the final destination. I was really hoping to get my car first week of Jan at the latest but now doesnt seem likely.

· Registered
46 Posts
Thats good to hear. Mine is still on the ship and keeps getting delayed. The trip to Australia was uneventful and on time, once near Australian shores the ETA just kept getting longer. Been sitting near port kembla for 2 days now and waiting to dock.

Then on to brisbane as the final destination. I was really hoping to get my car first week of Jan at the latest but now doesnt seem likely.
I think there is congestion at Port Kembla thus the delay in the docking. However, i was told by my dealer that all cars will need to be checked by BMW head office in Melbourne before delivery to the dealerships. So all the cars may have already off loaded in Melbourne. I was told too to expect 2 weeks between docking and delivered to the dealer. I suspect BMW Australia will do all the software upgrades, fixes etc before they send it to the dealership. So it my take longer if there are major fault fixing, upgrades or recalls.

· Registered
46 Posts
Delivery of my car has been delayed because of defect code 0061390700. It is now quarantine at BMW Melbourne until they have the error fixed, before it will be delivered to the dealership. For now no definitive date yet. Those of you whose car was on Torrens arriving late December have the same issue?

· Registered
56 Posts
Delivery of my car has been delayed because of defect code 0061390700. It is now quarantine at BMW Melbourne until they have the error fixed, before it will be delivered to the dealership. For now no definitive date yet. Those of you whose car was on Torrens arriving late December have the same issue?
Mine is still at brisbane port waiting on Prix car.

I recall our cars built same date? Which doesn’t bode well.

What was the site for checking the recalls?

· Registered
46 Posts
Mine is still at brisbane port waiting on Prix car.

I recall our cars built same date? Which doesn’t bode well.

What was the site for checking the recalls?
Yes, i think we have the same build date of 5 September. You can check the recall status by entering your VIN here (BMW Group Australia Recalls). let us know if we have the same recall status. My dealer just informed me that this will be actioned by BMW Melbourne. Though i am in Sydney, my car was offloaded in Melbourne. You may want to check if yours is there too. I was told all the iX will be offloaded in Melbourne to be checked by BMW before delivery to the dealership. Brisbane may be different though.

· Registered
56 Posts
Yes, i think we have the same build date of 5 September. You can check the recall status by entering your VIN here (BMW Group Australia Recalls). let us know if we have the same recall status. My dealer just informed me that this will be actioned by BMW Melbourne. Though i am in Sydney, my car was offloaded in Melbourne. You may want to check if yours is there too. I was told all the iX will be offloaded in Melbourne to be checked by BMW before delivery to the dealership. Brisbane may be different though.
Looks like mine has the same recall. Not surprising given we have the same build date.

My car is definitely at the port of brisbane.

It’s now estimated to be delivered to Prixcar in brisbane on 5 Jan (initially was 9 Jan). Then compliancing and whatever else they need to do before delivery to the dealer.

Was yours a dealer ordered car or customer ordered car?

I was told all customer cars would be delivered to the nearest port.

A few links for those interested once car is off the ship

- To check if car has been complianced:

- to check prixcar progress:

· Registered
46 Posts
Looks like mine has the same recall. Not surprising given we have the same build date.

My car is definitely at the port of brisbane.

It’s now estimated to be delivered to Prixcar in brisbane on 5 Jan (initially was 9 Jan). Then compliancing and whatever else they need to do before delivery to the dealer.

Was yours a dealer ordered car or customer ordered car?

I was told all customer cars would be delivered to the nearest port.

A few links for those interested once car is off the ship

- To check if car has been complianced:

- to check prixcar progress:

My car is dealer ordered car. I just pick one from the list that was available from their incoming shipment. From the links you provided, i see that my car has already approved for compliance. Also my car will be ETA at Prixcar facility at Port Kembla on 4 January. My dealer was wrong in saying it is in Melbourne though the delivery contact is still BMW Australia Melbourne. Hope it won’t take long to rectify the defect. Seems the defect code indicate it need software update/patching.

· Registered
56 Posts
My car is dealer ordered car. I just pick one from the list that was available from their incoming shipment. From the links you provided, i see that my car has already approved for compliance. Also my car will be ETA at Prixcar facility at Port Kembla on 4 January. My dealer was wrong in saying it is in Melbourne though the delivery contact is still BMW Australia Melbourne. Hope it won’t take long to rectify the defect. Seems the defect code indicate it need software update/patching.

That’s what I thought / was advised. All bmw / dealer cars go to Melbourne. Customer ordered cars go to the nearest port.

Checked this morning and my car seems to be moving faster than first expected. It’s now at prixcar in brisbane today.

But now it seems the holdup is going to be this defect code you mentioned. I’ll shoot my SA an email, hope he answers as he’s on leave. (Coming in just for customer deliveries though)

If you have anymore update on your car let me know and vice versa. I’m so desperate to have my car next week, end of this week would be amazing as I’ve booked a holiday but realistically not happening.

· Registered
46 Posts
That’s what I thought / was advised. All bmw / dealer cars go to Melbourne. Customer ordered cars go to the nearest port.

Checked this morning and my car seems to be moving faster than first expected. It’s now at prixcar in brisbane today.

But now it seems the holdup is going to be this defect code you mentioned. I’ll shoot my SA an email, hope he answers as he’s on leave. (Coming in just for customer deliveries though)

If you have anymore update on your car let me know and vice versa. I’m so desperate to have my car next week, end of this week would be amazing as I’ve booked a holiday but realistically not happening.
Good to know that defect 0061390700 has a fix now. My brother-in-law car has the same defect but has been fixed. Hope ours will be fixed soonest.

· Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone, I'm a newbie so apologies if i go over old stuff. I have had an iX50 on order since December 2021 and have been without a vehicle since then as it was part of the deal to get a good price. Oh boy, if i had know what the delivery delays would be it may have been a different story. As seems to be the case in Australia, i have struggled to get information from the dealer and from BMW Australia. Anyway after originally being told the car would arrive on the 1st June 2022 i was given a build date of September and then a couple of weeks later, told it would be delayed until November - Grrr. Anyway the good news is that i now have a build date of 13 February 2023 so i have my fingers crossed. The bad news is that two of the standard features. i.e., the Integrated Active Steering and the Air suspension have been removed from the build (Globally). I thought long and hard about cancelling altogether but since i don't have a car and they couldn't tell me if and when those features would be available i decided to proceed on the basis that i had never driven a vehicle with either feature so i would not miss them. I am now salivating at the thought my car is 5 weeks away from being built and i then hope there is not a long delay for shipping. Was anyone able to track their car from the factory to the ship?

· Registered
46 Posts
Hi everyone, I'm a newbie so apologies if i go over old stuff. I have had an iX50 on order since December 2021 and have been without a vehicle since then as it was part of the deal to get a good price. Oh boy, if i had know what the delivery delays would be it may have been a different story. As seems to be the case in Australia, i have struggled to get information from the dealer and from BMW Australia. Anyway after originally being told the car would arrive on the 1st June 2022 i was given a build date of September and then a couple of weeks later, told it would be delayed until November - Grrr. Anyway the good news is that i now have a build date of 13 February 2023 so i have my fingers crossed. The bad news is that two of the standard features. i.e., the Integrated Active Steering and the Air suspension have been removed from the build (Globally). I thought long and hard about cancelling altogether but since i don't have a car and they couldn't tell me if and when those features would be available i decided to proceed on the basis that i had never driven a vehicle with either feature so i would not miss them. I am now salivating at the thought my car is 5 weeks away from being built and i then hope there is not a long delay for shipping. Was anyone able to track their car from the factory to the ship?
I was in the same boat as you. Ordered my iX50 Jan 2022 and until now still don't have confirmed build date. So last October I ordered an already built iX40 from a dealer. The build date for the 40 was early September 2022 and it has arrived in Australia end of December 2022. I am yet to get the car, but hopefully it will be in the next week or so. This will give you an idea how long before build date and the delivery date (~4 months).

201 - 220 of 251 Posts